What's Hot is Cool
- The Healthful Equation. // FoodService Director;10/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p20
Presents the views of several food service executives in the U.S. regarding ways to make foodservice menus more healthful. Jack Shaw, dining service director at Shepherd University in Shepherdstown, West Virginia; Brenda Hawkins, nutrition services supervisor at Jackson County School District...
- THICK OR THIN. Oswald, Josh // Restaurant Business;9/01/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 14, p74
From Gumbo to Consomme, soup has been supplementing menus and meals for years, it is an ever-changing item that can add flair and appeal to a menu and generate sales. Some operators stimulate soup sales with unusual selections that make diners feel adventurous. Barrel House Brewing Co. offers a...
- AHF Elects Board Members. // Food Management;May2011, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p14
The article offers information on the appointment of several board members by the Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF) including, Beth Yesford as the president, Randy Sparrow as the treasurer, and Tony Almeida as the director.
- DREAM CRUISE PUBS & GRUBS. // AutoWeek;7/27/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 15, p33
A review is offered for the restaurants Bagger Dave's, Como's, and Red Coat Tavern, located in Michigan.
- STARTER SET. Taylor, Wendy // Restaurant Business;4/15/2003, Vol. 102 Issue 7, p66
In harmony with the popularity of small plates, chefs are going one step further and offering themed appetizer samplers. A trio of soups served in four ounce cups placed on a triangular plate hold the guests' interest at Market Inn in Washington D.C. According to general manager Mike Kipp the...
- All Souped Up! Friedland, Ann // Food Management;Sep2003, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the importance of soup to an onsite menu mix according to food operators in the U.S. Percentage of sales of the soup in the cafeteria; Demands from patients in hospitals for a soup daily; Suggestion of soups from the chefs.
- BALANCING ACT. // Indianapolis Monthly;Oct2005, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p271
The article focuses on the Eiteljorg Museum's Sky City Cafe in Indiana which provides bisque. The catch of making bisque is achieving a delicate balance of flavors without creating a zucchini shake or a red-pepper frappe. The cafe has a different soup specialty for each day of the week. It...
- Cold Weather Comfort. // FoodService Director;11/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p44
The article focuses on several U.S. food-service operators who have increased their soup menus in time for the colder weather. A self-serve soup bar was introduced at Crouse Hospital in Syracuse, New York where other food items like shredded cheese, sour cream, pepperoni and crackers may be...
- KETTLE CUISINE SWEET POTATO BISQUE. // Restaurant Business;2/1/2005, Vol. 104 Issue 2, p71
The article informs that Kettle Cuisine Inc. has added to its lineup of more than 60 fresh refrigerated soups. Sweet Potato Bisque is made with sweet and white potatoes, chicken stock, Madeira, and sherry vinegar. It's available in 8-lb. Cryovac packages (2 to a case).