- CONNECTIONS. // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p56
This section offers news briefs related to the U.S. food service sector. A new incentive program was launched by Hatfield Quality Meats that targets the health care industry. A new Web site was launched by Rich Products Corp. in a bid to provide operators and chefs with information and peer...
- Supplier digest. // Nation's Restaurant News;01/18/99, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p52
Presents news briefs about food suppliers and distributors in the United States. Losses suffered by Dole Food Corp. due to freezing December 1998 weather; Partnership program between FreshPoint Inc. and Charlie's Produce; Appointment of Dan Seitz Jr. as chairman of the Business Management and...
- Menu News. // Restaurant Hospitality;Mar2008, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p92
This article discusses various reports related to food trade and industry. It discusses that a Texas Tech University research revealed that 1,440 consumers polled placed more value on beef flavor than tenderness. According to Certified Angus Beef professionals, marbling is a major factor in beef...
- MARKETPLACE. // Restaurant Hospitality;Jul2013, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p66
The article reviews several web sites related to food including www.dr.idahopotato.com from the Idaho Potato Commission, www.dolefoodservice.com from Dole Food Co., and www.California Avocado.com/Foodservice from the California Avocado Commission.
- Mickey's nutrition kick. // Health (Time Inc.);Apr2007, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p182
The article discusses menu changes at U.S. amusement parks Disneyland and Disney World. The company is trying to reduce the fat, calories, and sugar in the foods it sells and licenses. The parks will feature food stands from Dole and farm-produce stands. Children's meals will come with fruit and...
- PRODUCTS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p66
This article features new food products and equipment for the foodservice industry including Dole's Chef-Ready Cuts Diced Apples, the Bonici's Par-Baked Extra Thin Crust Pizza, and Vulcan's Energy Star-qualified Non-Insulated Holding Cabinet.
- CONNECTIONS. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p66
Presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S., as of September 2003. Use of a CD-ROM beverage promotion by Sbarro; Membership services offered by the McCormick's Flavor by Design menu-building program; Discounts on Dole Pouch Packs offered by Dole Food Service.
- Recipe for success: Dole Challenges Creativity. // Food Management;May2006, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p73
The article provides information on Dole Frozen Fruit recipe contest. It calls on food service operators to send in their favorite fruit recipes for a chance to win a trip to Napa Valley, California and attend a class at the Culinary Institute of America. The recipes can be entered in either the...
- No hell in this kitchen. // Fire Safety Engineering;May2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p8
The article highlights the competition to promote safe and healthy cooking which was organised by West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue's Safety Central in Leeds, England. Chefs from Eurest Services have served shorlisted dishes. Winners of the event include Lewis Sterling for Traffic Light Fruit...