MAKING SOCIAL MEDIA WORK
- Brew Crew U. BUZALKA, MICHAEL // Food Management;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p18
The article offers information related to craft beer businesses in school campuses in the U.S. It highlights the move of Cal Poly Pomona Foundation Inc. to open a microbrew pub called Innovation Brew Works in the Center for Training, Technology and Innovation on the campus of California State...
- Awards Galore at NACUFS Conference. // FoodService Director;8/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p8
The article announces the National Association of College and University Food Services Theodore W. Minah Awards received by several food service operators in the U.S., including Cameron Schauf of the University of Rochester in New York, Deon Lategan of Colorado State University, and Scott...
- Premier Honors Operators. // Food Management;Jul2010, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p17
The article announces several recipients of the Illuminating Excellence Awards given to foodservice professionals including Lisette Coston of Saint Francis Health System, J. Kevin Hart of the Salem Senior Housing and Deon Lategan at Colorado State University.
- 5,000 Environmentalists. // FoodService Director;3/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p44
The article relates how Deon Lategan, director of residential dining facilities at Colorado State University in Fort Collins, manages to meet student demand for healthy, organic and local produce. He says the Sizzlin' Salads station was created as a result of their desire to offer...
- Parkway's Newfound Fame. Ravits, Sarah // New Orleans Magazine;Feb2011, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p123
The article features Parkway Bakery, which serves enormous poor boys in a down-home spot near Bayou Saint John in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Just Add Milk. Richmond, Maggie // Indianapolis Monthly;Mar2010, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p39
The article reviews several bakeries located in Indiana including the Bread Ladies bakery in Greenfield, the Sunshine Bakery in Greenwood, and the Long's Bakery in Noblesville.
- PrÃªt-Ã -Manger. RAISFELD, ROBIN; PATRONITE, ROB // New York;4/21/2014, Vol. 47 Issue 9, p70
A review is offered for Rose Bakery in New York.
- Industry entrepreneurs seize the opportunity in adversity. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;3/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p3
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses an article on gourmet food trucks evolution, growth of restaurant chains, and the growing use of location-based social media.
- BY THE NUMBERS. . // Washingtonian Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p141
Presents statistics related to the food service industry in Washington, D.C. Pounds of flour used each day at Hyattsville's Upper Crust Bakery; Total number of crabs eaten on an average summer day at Cantler's restaurant; Number of doughnuts served at a Sunday brunch at Colorado Kitchen restaurant.