- Hospital Takes 'Lean' Approach. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that St. Vincent Health Center in Erie, Pennsylvania reduced meal delivery times for its room service program by more than half in 2007 by implementing the Lean Six Sigma approach to improving service. Barry Locke, director of food and nutrition services for the hospital,...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.
- Carts Offer Compromise Solution. // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p34
The article discusses the use of temp-controlled mobile carts at Somerset Medical Center in New Jersey which provide some of the benefits of room service without all the costs. The carts troll through the hallways carrying hot and cold meal components assembled outside patient rooms. It offers...
- FOR PATIENTS AND VISITORS: Northridge Hosp. adopts contractor's room service. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p12
Cites the implementation of the room service program of Sodexho Marriott Services at Northridge Hospital Medical Center in Los Angeles, California. Mechanics of the program; Potential benefits of the program; How the orders of patients and visitors are taken.
- Weekly menu plan helps keep labor dollars down. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p26
Reports on the advantages of the weekly menu system introduced at the Integris Southwest Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Features of the system; Information included in description of menu items and substitutions; Considerations in implementing the new system.
- NEW ITEMS BECOME PERMANENT: UCLA Med. adds promos. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the operational status of Cafe Med, the food service sector of UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California as of February 15, 2003. Increase in sales at the facility; Factors which contribute to the success of the cafe; Menu offerings.
- With brands, snack carts at children's hosp.: Luring youngsters to cafeteria. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p66
Reports on the efforts of the Nutrition Services Department of the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., to combat boredom by creating interesting ways to attract young patients into the cafeteria. Seating capacity; Opening hours of the cafeteria; Features of the menu;...