- USDA honors Food & Nutrition Services. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/19/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 39, p22
The article announces that the Orange County, Florida Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services has received the Food and Nutrition Services Best Practices Award from the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- milestones. // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p14
The article announces awards given to notable people in the U.S. foodservice industry in 2009 including the U.S. Department of Agricultural's Food and Nutrition Services Best Practice Award to Orange County (Florida) Public Schools' Food & Nutrition Services, the Society for Foodservice...
- NEW CONCEPT ROTATION IN VA: HENRICO SCHOOLS BOOST BRANDS. // FoodService Director;10/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the increase in sales at Henrico County Public Schools in Virginia since the introduction of several food brands in 2002. Brand recognition; Daily sales of the food brands.
- San Antonio picks up tab for all school meals. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;10/23/96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the complimentary cuisines offered by the San Antonio public schools in Texas.
- Bridgeport schools offer free breakfast. // FoodService Director;04/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p5
Reports that under Provision 2, Bridgeport Public Schools is offering universal-free breakfast and lunches. Comments from Ed Huff, food service director; Benefits of using Provision 2.
- UNDER PEGGY LEE'S DIRECTION: Controls and standards help Norfolk school catering shine. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;6/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p72
Focuses on the catering program of the Norfolk Public Schools in Virginia. Sales of the catering business; Controls and systems established for the catering program; Service variety of the catering program.
- milestones. // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p16
The article announces appointments and awards in the food service sector of the U.S., including the hiring of Jeff Mills by the public schools in Washington, D.C., the granting of the Chef Professionalism award to Douglas Patten and the District of Excellence award given to Dallas Independent...
- Cart Diplomacy. // Food Management;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p18
The article reports that the Orange County Public Schools Food & Nutrition Services uses food carts and trucks to reach out to students, employees and parents in California.
- 192 self-ops: Chicago schools analyze preplates. // FoodService Director;08/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p8
Reports that now all of the cooking schools of Chicago Public Schools in Illinois has been privatized, the district is planning an analysis of its preplated meals program at 192 remaining self-op schools. Information on Ceres Food Group which provides 40,000 preplated refrigerated meals daily...