Gold Coast City Marina and Shipyard -- "Australias number one hub for vessel maintenance, refit & repair works."
- China shipyard gets green light. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/20/97, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p19
Reports on the construction of a shipyard in Waoguoqiao development zone of Shanghai, China.
- A tour of Holland. Somer, Jack A. // Yachting;Nov97, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p129
Focuses on export activities among major shipyards in the Netherlands. Moonen Shipyards; Diaship/Heesen Shipyard; Feadship yards; Oceanco International; Amels Shipyard; Jongert.
- LeTourneau reopens Vicksburg yard to build Gorilla V. Crowden, Michael // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p20
Looks at the reopening ceremony of the LeTourneau's shipyard in Vicksburg and its $20 million refurbishment. Other information on Le Tourneau.
- U.S. shipyards diversify, seek niches in bid to survive until industry recovers. Plume, Janet // Traffic World;8/2/93, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p23
Reports on United States shipyards' search for niches in non-traditional shipbuilding and non-maritime construction. Decline in naval and commercial ship construction; Newport News' operation of marine instrumentation and communications systems company Sperry Marine Systems; Bethlehem Steel...
- Ketchikan Shipyard transferred. // Alaska Business Monthly;Sep97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
States that Ketchikan Shipyard was allowed to transfer from the state Department of Transportation and Public Facilities by the AIDEA. Who the transfer was designed to protect; Information on the agreement between the Alaska Marine Highway System and Ketchikan Shipyard; Reference to the Alaska...
- Supreme Court challenge. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/7/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p19
Reports on President Bill Clinton's administration's request to the Supreme Court to overturn a 1991 federal appeals court ruling on the closure of the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. Court intervention on government officials' violation of legal procedures; Argument by US Solicitor General Drew...
- Dancing in Gdansk. // Christian Science Monitor;5/23/97, Vol. 89 Issue 125, p20
Editorial. Focuses on the Gdansk shipyard in Poland, where the seeds of democracy were sown by Lech Walesa and his comrades in the Solidarity labor union. Reference to the plans to convert one of the shipyard's production halls into a disco; Comments from Walesa following this development; Why...
- Swan song. Pickard, Tom // New Statesman & Society;11/11/94, Vol. 7 Issue 328, p14
Reports on the cessation of operations at the Swan Hunter shipyard in Great Britain. Purchase of the shipyard by VSEL; Decline of orders after privatization in 1986; Government purchasing of ships from Asian countries; Efforts to prevent shutdown by trade union officials.
- My Yard. // Professional Boatbuilder;Oct/Nov2009, Issue 121, p18
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of owning a ship yard in LaConner, Washington.
- Editorial. Grublišić, Rajko // Brodogradnja;Sep2010, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p225
The author discusses developments in shipyards and shipbuilding in Croatia.