Rhonnda Alexander Memorial Marine Education Grant
- MOTE MILESTONES. // Sarasota Magazine;Sep2013, Vol. 35 Issue 13, special section p3
The article offers the author's insights on Mote Marine Laboratory, a nonprofit organization dedicated to marine research and conservation, and the grants received by Mote. He says that Mote has been granted a $123,000 by the Sara Roberts Foundation in Sarasota, Florida to support its hospitals...
- The Sea Shepherd sets sail again. // New Internationalist;Oct2011, Issue 446, p58
The article reports that, after having been impounded by Great Britain's government and sued by the fishing company Fish and Fish, the marine conservation group Sea Shepard launched its flagship, the Steve Irwin, which is used to deter whale catching.
- Schools and Community Groups to Work Together in Coastal Conservation. // Australian Maritime Digest;Apr2011, Issue 200, p5
The article reports on the announcement of the Australian Marine Environment Protection Association (AUSMEPA) regarding the launch of "Student Leadership for Coastal Conservation Projects," a coastal and environment conservation education program for local communities and schools that is freely...
- AUSMEPA announces recipient of 2012-2013 Environmental Award. // Ausmarine;Mar2014, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p35
The article announces that Queensland-based Healthy Waterways Project is the recipient of Australia Marine Environment Protection Association (AUSMEPA)'s 2012-2013 Environmental Award.
- Bag it & bin it, don't flush it! // Sustain' Magazine;Sep/Oct2011, p77
The article informs that the Marine Conservation Society, Great Britain charity for the protection of seas, shores and wildlife, has urged the people of Great Britain to bag and put bathroom rubbish in dustbins.
- MARINE VISION. Triegaardt, Kaituhituhi Kim // Te Karaka: The Ngai Tahu Magazine;Winter2011, Issue 52, p34
The article focuses on the Te Korowai o te Tai o Marokura, a group representing different and opposing views that managed to produce a marine protection strategy for the Kaikoura coastline in New Zealand. Kaikoura Runanga member and secretary for Te Korowai Gina Solomon considers the spirit of...
- Judge Won't Halt Anti- Whaling Group's Activities. // Log Newspaper;3/2/2012, Issue 914, p4
The article informs that judge Richard Jones will issue a written ruling against the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, a non-profit marine conservation organization, but he may deny the preliminary injunction request made by the Japanese whalers against the society.
- 38 PERCENT. // Sea Magazine;Jun2012, Vol. 104 Issue 6, p9
The article offers information on the use of "Expedition White Shark", an iPhone mobile application offered by Marine Conservation Science Institute, which provide guides concerning on the human attacking of U.S. great white sharks in Red Triangle, California.
- BP Australia, ASP Ships added to AUSMEPA. // Ausmarine;Aug2009, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p12
The article announces that BP Australia and ASP Ship Management's ships, British Fidelity and British Loyalty, have been accepted into the Australian Marine Environment Protection Association (AUSMEPA) Ship Membership Scheme.