TIME OUT FOR CRUISING
- Royal Caribbean sets sights on Ponce Port for 2012. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;3/17/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p4
The article reports on the move of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.'s Oasis of the Seas to consider Ponce, Puerto Rico as its main docking port in the island when it starts its operations. It states that the cruiseline will have an estimated 20 million dollars annual financial impact on the southern...
- WELCOME. Bamber, Emily // Travel Weekly (UK);7/27/2007 TW Cruise, p3
The author discusses the role of children in Great Britain as a decision-maker in selecting a cruise line. According to the author, cruiselines are investing into children's facilities from kids' clubs to waterslides. She reflects on the experience of a children's club organizer whose job is to...
- MAKING WAVES. Eisenberg, Sherri // Travel & Leisure;Mar2010, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p43
The article offers information on the Apsara bi-level vessel for cruising being offered by Park Hotels, which features plasma televisions, marble bathrooms, and ayurvedic meals.
- Sail Ho! Pillsbury, Mark // Cruising World;9/1/2015, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p8
The article offers the author's insights regarding the tour of the French fast frigate replica Hermione ship focusing on its travel in the East Coast of U.S. The author mentions that the ship undergone trials in port of Rocherfort, France before sailing in the East Coast. The author discusses...
- Globetrotting AT SEA. Young, Susan J. // Travel Agent;7/11/2011, Vol. 338 Issue 11, p38
The article presents strategies that travel agents may consider for selling world cruises to their clients. It states that customers that have firsthand experience on this type of traveling are the best endorser for future clients. The author relates that successful working professionals and...
- Clear Sailing Ahead for Crystal Cruises. Drillinger, Meagan // Luxury Travel Advisor;Jun2011, p39
The article offers information on the offerings of Crystal Symphony cruise line of Crystal Cruises. It mentions that Crystal Referral Rewards provides three certificates to Crystal Society member to offer to new-to-Crystal guests and upon sailing guests will receive 250 dollars per person....
- Viking offers rail-cruises. // Travel Weekly (UK);Sep2009 Cruise Supplement, p11
The article reports on the offering of eight rail-cruise itineraries in 2010 by Viking River Cruises UK Ltd. to respond to the demand for an alternative to flying. A 10-day Danube Rhapsody rail-cruise roundtrip from Passau has been tested by Viking. It notes that the package includes an...
- The Key to Paradise. Caswell, Chris // Yachting;Aug2011, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p30
The article presents suggestion from the author for travelers who are planning to cruise for about six months or six years.
- SAFETY Meeting. GAVELDA, BEN // TransWorld Snowboarding;Feb2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p98
The article offers some tips to avoid being lost at the resort or the backcountry, including cruising with a group and telling someone at home about the place to go before going there.