- Who's gonna bail me out? Brundidge, Sheletta // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;10/9/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p4
In this article the author discusses the approval of the U.S. Congress to bail out Wall Street and the financial institutions.
- Hope Springs Eternal � French Bondholders and the Soviet Repudiation (1915�1919). Oosterlinck, Kim; Landon-Lane, John S. // Review of Finance;Dec2006, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p507
Repudiations rarely occur due to their extreme nature. This paper provides an empirical study based on an original database: prices of a Tsarist bond traded in Paris before and after its repudiation by the Soviets. A structural VAR is used to disentangle French market shocks from repudiation...
- For the people owning the too-big-to-fail corporations. Brown, Charles // Michigan Citizen;3/18/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 19, pA6
The author discusses aspects of federal bailouts which he thinks has played an important role in saving and reviving giant corporations from insolvency and total bankruptcy.
- Local economists, stateside analysts weigh-in on proposed bailout plan. Carmona, Jos� L. // Caribbean Business;10/2/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 39, p10
The article reports on the impact of the proposed bailout plan on the economy of Puerto Rico. The $700 billion bailout legislation that the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush is promoting would allow the government to buy bad mortgages and other rotten assets held by troubled banks...
- Bank Risk of Failure and the Too-Big-to-Fail Policy. Ennis, Huberto M.; Malek, H. S. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Spring2005, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p21
Discusses the bank risk of failure and the policy regarding a government bailout in the U.S. Effect of the expectation of contingent bailouts on the economy; Reason for the deterioration of the government bailout policy or the too-big-to-fail (TBTF) policy; Important features that tend to...
- When the economy crumbles (on a Sunday, no less). // Fort Worth Business Press;9/22/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p39
The article reflects on the major financial crisis facing the U.S. government in 2008. It notes that many of the most important financial actions taken by the U.S. government have gone down on weekends. It cites the estimated total amount of the government's various bailouts and loan guarantees....
- Qatar, CMA CGM Discuss Rescue Plan. // Journal of Commerce (15307557);4/12/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 15, p6
The article reports on the 1 billion U.S. dollar bailout offered by the Qatar Investment Authority in the form of loan guarantees to the French carrier CMA CGM.
- Editorial. Smith, Don R. // Rubber World;Dec2008, Vol. 239 Issue 3, p4
The author reflects on the financial assistance seeking by the Detroit, Michigan-based automakers from the U.S. government. He stresses that chief executive officers (CEOs) of the automakers are right in asking the government for assistance. He emphasizes the employment in auto industry that...
- Drawing a Line in the Sand on Bailouts. Muolo, Paul // Mortgage Servicing News;Feb2009, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses the $700 billion bailout plan in the U.S. and its usefulness in the country's economy. It states that the package will be spend through the Troubled Asset Relief Program. It notes that half of the fund had been used already while the other was still in question on how to...