POLAND: RISK SUMMARY
- New coke battery for JSW. // Coal International;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 259 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the modernised coke battery 1 of JastrzÈ©bska SpÃ³Å‚ka WÈ©glowa SA (JSW) which commenced at its Koksownia PrzyjaÅºÅ„ plant in April 2011 in Europe.
- US shale boom impacts on Poland. // Coal International;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 262 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the cut of production target and investment reduction of Poland-based coking coal company Jastrzebska Spolka Weglowa SA for its 2014 operations due to boost of U.S. shale gas, in an effort to regain profitability after decline in coal prices and corporate restructuring.
- The Coal Dilemma. // Warsaw Voice;Aug2014, Issue 8, p38
An interview with chief executive officer (CEO) JarosÅ‚aw ZagÃ³rowski of coal producer JastrzÄ™bska SpÃ³Å‚ka WÄ™glowa (JSW) is presented. Topics discussed include the free trade agreement between the U.S. and the European Union (EU), the establishment of the Central Europe Energy...
- Unemployment Rate Las Vegas, Nevada. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);2006 Book of Lists, p77
The article presents a graph showing the unemployment rate in Las Vegas, Nevada from 1980 to 2005.
- Let's get economic ball rolling in right direction. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p49
Focuses on the unemployment in the U.S. Decrease in the domestic manufacturing in February 2003; Impact of the threat of war to the economy; Report on the closing of three plans by Ethan Allen.
- Jobless Claims Drop 4,000 to 386,000. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;10/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31747, p2
Reports on the decrease of the applications for state unemployment benefits in the U.S. Level of initial claims; Rate of insured unemployment; Adjustment of unemployment rate.
- News in Brief: Jobless Claims Up 7,000 to 392,000. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31294, p2
Reports on the rise in first-time applications for state unemployment in the U.S. as of December 2001. Reasons for the rise; Number of applications received by the Labor Department during the week ended December 22, 2001.
- Any other business. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p13
Examines the monthly unemployment statistics in Britain. Effect of the review on how the Labour Force Survey (LFS) figures should be published; Unemployment figures covering 12 months ending in June 1995.
- Redundancies finally reverse jobless slide. Merrick, Neil // People Management;3/21/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p12
Discusses why downsizing companies in the United Kingdom take over years for official unemployment to increase. Effect of large-scale job redundancies on number of those out of work; How the shift towards casual or part-time work and an increase in self-employment confuses attempts to measure...