Significant industry shifts
- Truck equipment outlook. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2011, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p66
The article discusses the highlights of the annual Business and Marketing Planning Summit of the National Truck Equipment Association, held on September 19, 2011 in Dearborn, Michigan. Spekers discussed various topics including the future of the truck equipment market, exports markets, the...
- Racing to records at Indy. WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2011, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p18
The article discusses the highlights of the 47th Annual National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) Convention held at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, Indiana from March 8 to 10, 2011. The show was attended by 10,020 participants, including 560 exhibitors which was the largest in...
- NTEA's 2014 Fleet Purchasing Outlook available. // Fleet Owner Blog;3/ 3/2014, p9
The article looks at the 2014 Fleet Purchasing Outlook, a 24-page report compiled by the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) to provide manufacturers and distributors with insights into fleet purchasing trends through the U.S. It notes that 85% of the commercial fleets that responded to...
- It's the beginning of the end for us. // Commercial Motor;2/7/2013, Vol. 219 Issue 5521, p13
The article discusses the impact of the expansion of the European Union to the East on the commercial vehicle industry in Great Britain.
- This is getting ridiculous. Shiers, Will // Commercial Motor;11/20/2014, Vol. 222 Issue 5613, p3
The article offers the author's insights about the situation wherein authority, construction project and building site seems to have its own rules and regulations that affect the operations of the haulage industry.
- ALD Automotive scores. D'sa, Reginald // Commercial Vehicle;Jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to a cover which features companies and sectors that have been neglected by the mainstream media.
- Big trucks still riding high; March brings 31% sales gain. Couretas, Jon // Automotive News;4/26/1999, Vol. 73 Issue 5816, p22
Focuses on the percentage increase in commercial truck sales in the United States in March 1999. Comparison to figures for the same period of the previous year; Value of the trucks sold according to the build of the vehicles.
- Alternatives abound. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;3/7/2012, p1
The article discusses the abundance of alternative propulsion systems in the commercial vehicle market highlighted in the National Truck Equipment Association (NTEA) trade show held in Indianapolis, Indiana in March 2012. According to the author, those supporting alternative fuel and hybrid...
- Straight drive. Chari, Sridhar // Commercial Vehicle;Jun2013, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p5
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the re-badging of BharatBenz Trucks, Craftsman Automation's investment in the robotised visual inspection system, and Allied Nippon's strategic realignment to optimise value in the...