Meritor plans to close European trailer axle business in July
- Falling Like dominoes. Walton, Christopher // Commercial Motor;1/19/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5467, p3
The article discusses the company failures in the commercial motor industry in Great Britain in the start of 2012 due to liquidations and administrations.
- Meritor shuffles reporting structure. // Fleet Owner Blog;11/13/2012, p10
The article focuses on the decision of Meritor to revise its reporting structure to create more efficiencies across the organization, announced in November 2012. Future results will be reported under two segments, namely, commercial truck & industrial and aftermarket & trailer. Executive changes...
- Lib Dem questions uncover rise in transport insolvencies. Harris, David // Commercial Motor;12/10/2009, Vol. 211 Issue 5361, p14
The article reports on the rise in transport insolvencies in Great Britain. According to figures released by British Parliament, there were 377 road transport business liquidations in 2008, compared with 329 in 2005. The number of road transport businesses, including hauliers and passenger...
- Mentor shuts European trailer arm. // Motor Transport;4/11/2011, p11
The article reports on the announcement by Meritor Inc. regarding the closure of its European trailer axle business affecting 171 jobs at Cwmbran in Wales.
- WABCO expanding North American CV role. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner;May2012, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that automation systems provider WABCO Holdings is expanding its commercial-vehicle (CV) market in North America. Topics discussed include focus of the company to provide vehicle safety and environmental sustainability, listing of the company on the New York Stock Exchange...
- Truck demand seen rising. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/10/2014, pA02
A report from Citigroup expects companies that manufacture commercial vehicles and vehicle parts, like
- Transport collapses on the up, warns analyst. Avison, Roanna // Motor Transport;1/22/2009, p6
The article offers information on the Business Failures Report in the transport and communications sector released by analyst Equifax Inc. Equifax reveals that failures in the sector rose by 17% during 2008 and by 51.8% in the fourth quarter. Great Britain's director of external affairs Neil...
- Suicidal rates a major concern for operators. Stanton, Justin // Motor Transport;10/22/2009, p7
The article discusses the results of the Trucking Britain Out Of Recession survey. It reports that 78 percent of the respondents have been losing business due to rivals' suicidal tenders and late or no payments from customers are the major concern for most of the operators. Though 49 percent...
- Still a strong market for Foden. // Commercial Motor;7/14/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5136, p63
Focuses on the impact of the expected failure of Foden on the prices of used trucks in Great Britain in 2006. Status of the sales performance of secondhand Foden trucks; Effects of the failure on used truck businesses.