Hydro Aluminum completes first phase
- Renco Acquires Three Mills from Severstal. // Metal Center News;Apr2011, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p41
The article offers news briefs related to the metal industry in the U.S. The Remco Group Inc. has agreed to purchase the operations of Severstal North America Inc. at Warren, Ohio, Wheeling, West Virginia and Sparrows Point, Maryland. The Extrusion North America unit of Hydro Aluminum has...
- MATERIAL QUESTIONS. Youson, Matt // Automotive Manufacturing Solutions;Jul2004 Supplement, p24
Discusses the use of aluminum and steel in manufacturing truck cabs. Significance of automation in using steel for structural items; Background on Hydro, a Norwegian aluminum supplier for cab construction in the U.S.; Role of fuel prices in the market position of aluminum and steel.
- Hydro Aluminum Plans to Expand Foundry Alloy Production in Norway. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug2005, Vol. 133 Issue 8, p22
Reports the expansion of the cast house of Hydro Aluminum in its drive to gain a greater share of the European market for foundry alloys in Norway. Amount of investment for the project; Capacity of the new casting center; Growth of European demand for aluminum foundry alloys.
- Hydro to Increase Foundry Alloy Supply +50% for 2007. // Foundry Management & Technology;Aug2007, Vol. 135 Issue 8, p17
The article reports on the expansion plans of Hydro Aluminum company in Oslo, Norway. It is seeking to increase global foundry alloy supply from 230,000 metric tons in 2006 to 350,000 metric tons in 2007. According to Hydro executive vice president Torstein Dale SjÃ¸tveit, it will continue...
- Telescopic beams open up roof spaces. // Professional Engineering;2/8/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p47
The article reports on development of the telescopic system of extruded aluminum beams by Digby Rowsell in Great Britain. The system has been approved by the Local Authority Building Control and is used to open up the loft space of trussed roofs. It incorporates roof and floor support in the...
- Hydro, Qatar Petroleum develop aluminum plant. // Modern Metals;Feb2005, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p10
Focuses on the plan of Hydro Aluminum and Qatar Petroleum to develop aluminum plants in Qatar to serve markets in Asia, Europe and North America. Planned capacity for the first phase of the project; Background on the Hydro project.
- Hydro Aluminum enhances Ohio plant. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2008, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p8
The article featurse the TruPunch 2020 turret press and TruBen 5130 press brake machines installed at Hydro Aluminum's Sidney, Ohio plant in 2008.
- Rio Tinto Alcan Expands Alumina Deal with Norsk Hydro. // Ceramic Industry;Mar2008, Vol. 158 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on an agreement with Norsk Hydro ASA signed by Rio Tinto Alcan to expand its alumina supply to Hydro Aluminum from 2011 to the end of the contract. Under the terms of a 20-year contract signed in 2003 with Norsk Hydro, Rio Tinto Alcan will be providing Hydro Aluminum with...
- RESOURCES. // Advanced Materials & Processes;Mar2006, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p20
The article presents several information resources and tools for materials technology including eMachineShop's plasma cutting tools, Comtek Advanced Structures' new resin infusion technology, and Hydro Aluminum's updated version of its extrusion design manual.