Class 8 vehicle orders affirm market vitality
- Commercial vehicle market poised for an upward crawl. // Bulk Transporter;Nov2009, Vol. 72 Issue 5, p38
The article provides a business outlook from ACT Research Co. on the production of U.S. heavy- and medium-duty commercial vehicles in the third quarter of 2009. The company has expected that the quarterly production rates will start a slow climb for the quarter, but year-over-year decline will...
- Medium-duty forecast keeps weakening. // Bulk Transporter;Aug2009, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p7
The article reports that the classes 5-7 medium-duty trucks' production forecast continues to decrease while the heavy-duty remains steady. ACT Research Co. announces that the medium-duty production will decrease by 44% in 2009 before regaining half of the decline in 2010. Steve Tam,...
- Trailer Industry Backlogs Maintained in February. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/28/2013, p3
The article reports that ACT Research Co. has published the "State of the Industry: U.S. Trailers," which showed that February 2013 commercial orders were strong enough to maintain industry backlogs.
- Used Class 8 vehicle sales rebound 21%. // Trailer / Body Builders;Mar2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the "State of the Industry: U.S. Classes 3-8 Used Trucks" ACT Research Co. report released as of March 2011, which revealed an increase in the unit volume of sales of used heavy-duty Class 8 commercial vehicles in December 2010.
- Trailer shipments forecast to grow 19% in 2012. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;3/23/2012, p2
The article reports that ACT Research is forecasting a 19 percent increase in trailer shipments in the U.S. for 2012.
- Commercial vehicle orders likely to slow in Q1 2010. // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2010, Vol. 51 Issue 4, p8
The article discusses the report by ACT Research Co., stating that commercial vehicle orders could possibly slowdown in the first quarter of 2010 before improving in the second half of the year.
- Commercial vehicle market poised for an upward crawl. // Trailer / Body Builders;Oct2009, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p12
The article discusses the prospects for the commercial vehicle market. It elaborates on the latest release of the "North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook" by ACT Research which predicts that production of new heavy- and medium-duty commercial vehicles will pick-up starting third quarter of...
- Used trucks lag YoY, but strong year seen for trailers. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/26/2012, p11
The article reports an improvement in the sales of used Class 3 to 8 truck in December 2011, according to ACT Research. The segments that saw improvement relative to November are auction, retail, and wholesale, but they continued to lag on a year-over-year basis. It is noted that ACT Research...
- Demand for Class 8 trucks stays strong. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;7/ 5/2011, p1
The article focuses on the North American Commercial Vehicle Outlook by Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co. released in June 2011 for the commercial vehicle market. According to the report, the increasing demand or the strength in commercial vehicles are evident in all segments...