Daimler Trucks expands production, hiring
- REGIONAL REPORT: Charlotte. // Business North Carolina;May2008, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p34
This section offers business news briefs in Charlotte, North Carolina. Daimler Trucks North America announces a downsizing of about 1,500 workers at its Freightliner factory due to soft demand of its trucks and a weak economy. California based Tessera Technologies will hire 185 engineers at its...
- DTNA adding 1,100 jobs at N.C. Freightliner plant. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/12/2012, p2
The article discusses the hiring of 1,072 shop employees and 29 engineering and support personnel by Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) for a second shift at its Freightliner Truck manufacturing plant in Cleveland, North Carolina to work on backorders of Cascadia Class 8 highway tractors.
- Small fire at DTNA's Gastonia plant quickly extinguished. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/25/2012, p2
The article reports that a small fire at the plant of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) in Gastonia, North Carolina, was extinguished quickly before it caused major damage.
- Trailer, truck, & body OEMs. // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2015, Vol. 56 Issue 10, p41
The article announces hirings in the trailer and truck original equipment manufacturing sector including Kelley Platt as Daimler Trucks North America chief diversity officer, Rob Ulsh as Great Dane vice president of dealer and international sales, and Steve Bowles as CASECO branch manager.
- Thomas takes order for SCR school buses. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2010, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America has received an order for school buses with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology from the Montgomery County Public Schools in Maryland.
- Next-generation Cascadia boosts fuel economy 5%. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;5/30/2012, p7
The article previews the over-the-road Cascadia tractor from Daimler Trucks North America.
- Daimler projects new truck orders. Longton, Linda // Overdrive;May2010, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p18
The article reports on the increasing number of new truck orders received by Daimler Trucks North America LLC through the first half of 2010 in the U.S.
- Daimler's production schedule filling up. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2010, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p32
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America states that they have enough new orders to fill its production schedule for the first half of 2010.
- Top performer. Sturgess, Steve // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2012, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p27
The article evaluates the 2012 Freightliner Cascadia from Daimler Trucks North America.