- Lycos, Barnes & Noble take on Amazon.com. Riedman, Patricia // Advertising Age;8/25/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 34, p21
This article reports on a three-year deal signed by search engine company Lycos with bookseller BarnesandNoble.com in 1997. Lycos will promote the bookseller on its site and integrate book titles into search results, in exchange for fees and a share of the transaction revenue at the book site....
- B&N.com Opens BNTV. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;7/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 27, p11
Reports that Barnesandnoble.com Inc. has launched the Barnes and Noble Television (BNTV) which will broadcast over the Internet. Features of the TV programs of BNTV; Developer and producer of BNTV; Web-casting program of Borders.com.
- Bookseller shows some spine. // Crain's New York Business;1/21/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19
Reports the performance of Barnesandnoble.com on stock market in New York, New York. View of analysts on the stock market performance of Barnesandnoble.com; Growth of cybersales; Rank as 11th-most-trafficked Web retailer; Business losses despite increase in revenue.
- Barnes & Noble.com consumer sales increased. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/4/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 22, p8
No abstract available.
- Barnes & Noble.com launches digital imprint. Letts, Mike; Walter, Mark // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Feb2001, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p26
Focuses on online book retailer Barnes and Noble.com as of February 2001. Company background; Company's launch of its electronic book publishing unit Barnes and Noble Digital.
- Bulkeley Appointed CEO at b&n.com. // Publishers Weekly;11/9/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 45, p12
Reports that managing director of the United Kingdom operation of the AOL-Bertelsmann joint venture in Europe, Jonathan Bulkeley was appointed as chief executive officer (CEO) of barnesandnoble.com. When Bulkeley was scheduled to start his job as CEO; Who the CEO will report to.
- Six-Month Sales Top $71M at Bn.com. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 31, p14
Reports on the sales increase at barnesandnoble.com (bn.com) for the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Increase in the net loss; Number of customers added during the second quarter; Why bn.com was able to cut its loss in the period by 7%; Total sales of bn.com in the second quarter of 1998.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p6
Reports the net sales of Barnes&Noble.com in the U.S. Comparison of sales with Amazon.com; Reduction of discounting and cut spending on marketing to improve online profit; Total operating loss of the company.
- B&N Sales Rise, Gain Turns to Loss. // Publishers Weekly;8/21/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 34, p16
Reports on the net loss posted by Barnes&Noble.com in the second quarter ended July 29, 2000. Amount of the company's net loss and net profit; Impact of the net interest expenses to the company; Rise in the sales for the company.