Corporate tax code reform big business for lobby firms
- Ring the changes. Wickenden, Tony // Money Marketing;9/4/2003, p34
Discusses corporate tax reforms in Great Britain. Tax treatment of expenditure on the acquisition of capital assets; Removal of the different tax treatment of trading and investment companies; Tax treatment of capital gains made by companies on certain investments; Introduction of effective...
- Economists call for corporate tax reform. BISSELL, JENNIFER // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/11/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p3
The article focuses on corporate tax reforms urging by the academics from Columbia University, George Mason University and Georgetown University, as well as economists from Brookings Institution, Precision Economics and the like in Fairfield County, Connecticut. In their letter to congressional...
- Consultation on corporate tax reforms. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Sep2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1297, p124
Reports on the consultative document "Large Business Taxation: The Government's Strategy and Corporate Tax Reform" in Great Britain. Government's ideas for modernizing the corporate tax regime.
- REFLECTIONS ON "INTEGRATION" OF CORPORATION AND INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAXES. Surrey, Stanley S. // National Tax Journal;Sep75, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p335
Comments on the proposed integration of corporate and individual income taxes in the U.S. Comparison of the short- and long-term effects between partial integration and full integration; View of the complexities of tax reform in the country; Analysis of the favorable and unfavorable implications...
- What Kind of Corporation Tax? // Accountancy;Dec1971, Vol. 82 Issue 940, p693
The article highlights the Select Committee's report on corporation tax in Great Britain. The report examined the implications of the government's intention to reform the structure of corporation tax so as to remove the present discrimination against distributed profits. The Select Committee...
- Executives Pessimistic on Major Tax Reform. Kroll, Karen // Compliance Week;Jun2011, Vol. 8 Issue 89, p12
The article reports on the pessimism of executives regarding the corporate tax reform, which was revealed by the KPMG survey.
- INTERNATIONAL TAX. Goldsworth, John // Accountancy;Apr88, Vol. 101 Issue 1136, p54
This article focuses on the developments in the taxation policies of several countries, as of April 1988. The New Zealand's government's intentions to cut the corporate tax rate from 48% to 28% from April 1 has put pressure on the Australian government to reduce its own tax rates. The industry...
- News Summary. // Accountancy;Aug2001, Vol. 128 Issue 1296, p7
Presents news briefs on accounting in Great Britain as of August 2001. Accusations over proxy disclosures raised by Andersen against the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission; Reaction of businesses to the plan of the government for corporation tax reform; Investigation launched by the...
- DEBT AND TAXES. // American Prospect;May2012, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p6
Letters to the editor are presented in response to David Cay Johnston's reviews of the books on tax reform, "The Benefit and the Burden," by Bruce Bartlett, and "Corporate Tax Reform," by Martin Sullivan, published in the March 2012 issue.