Relief Efforts for Afghan Equines
- Left alone, refugees decry US indifference. Rohde, David // Christian Science Monitor;4/19/95, Vol. 87 Issue 100, p7
Reports the sentiments of Afghani refugees living in Pakistan about the United States. Talk of an `anti-Muslim' US conspiracy; Excerpts from interviews with several residents of the Kacha Gari refugee camp in Peshawar; Description of the camp.
- Floods and the plight of Afghan refugees. Ahmad, Farooq // Green Left Weekly;8/18/2010, Issue 849, p15
The article reports that the Pakistani government ignored Afghan refugees who were devastated by floods.
- Strained Hospitality. Abdurasulov, Abdujalil // Transitions Online;10/5/2009, p9
The article focuses on the state of Afghan refugees in Tajikistan. According to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees office in Dushanbe, the number of newly arrived asylum seekers from Afghanistan has skyrocketed by 80% since 2007. As Pakistan, which hosts the largest number of Afghan refugees,...
- No room for refuge. Penn, Rob // Geographical (Campion Interactive Publishing);Mar2001, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p38
Reports on the return of Afghan refugees from Iran to their country under the Islamic Taliban regime. Uncertainty of their future; Estimated number of refugees in Iran; Concerns about the status of Afghans as refugees.
- Iran wants to roll up refugee welcome mat. Barraclough, Colin // Christian Science Monitor;12/12/95, Vol. 88 Issue 12, p7
Informs about the ongoing efforts of Iran to make the Afghan refugees return to their country in the light of its deteriorating economic condition and inadequate support of foreign countries as on December 11, 1995. Complaints made by Iranians of Afghans.
- Deported Afghan asylum seekers have nowhere to go. Fletcher, Jay // Green Left Weekly;2/15/2012, Issue 910, p8
The author discusses the plight of deported Afghan asylum seekers under the memorandum of understanding between Australia and Afghanistan. He stresses that the agreement allows involuntary deportation of Afghan nationals. He says that the resettlement project of the Australian government for...
- Dying for Australia: Part III. Hunt, Luke // World Politics Review;8/10/2010, p7
The article reports on the stricter border surveillance efforts by Malaysian authorities as more potential immigrants and refugees, mostly Afghans, flee to Australia despite the danger in making the passage and high risk of death. Human Rights Development Organization (HRDO) Co-Chairman Inam...
- Untitled. // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Aug2012, Vol. 31 Issue 5, following p66
An image is presented of an Afghan refugee climbing onto a loaded truck at the United Nations (UN) High Commissioner for Refugees registration center on the outskirts of Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Gov't sends Afghans back to danger. McIlroy, Jim // Green Left Weekly;4/6/2011, Issue 875, p2
The article reports on the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed by the Australian government with the Afghan government and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) which allows the forcible deportation of the Afghan refugees from Australia back to their country.