1,000 Club celebrates Millbrook millennium
- Defining Quality: Should Educators in Sport Management Programs Be Concerned About Accreditation? Fielding, Lawrence W.; Pitts, Brenda G.; Miller, Lori K. // Journal of Sport Management;Jan1991, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p1
This article explores concepts about educational quality, accreditation, and assessment as they relate to sport management programs. The concern for the quality of sport management programs has prevailed for over a decade. In 1978 Parkhouse contended that athletic administration and sport...
- Organizational Commitment in Sport Clubs: A Multivariate Exploratory Study. Haggerty, Terry R.; Denomme, Denise // Journal of Sport Management;Jan1991, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p58
This article determines how selected factors contribute to the organizational commitment of university sport club members. A university sport club is defined as "a group that wishes to promote, learn, and participate in a sport at a level not provided for in the intercollegiate or intramural...
- Development of Loyalty of Employees in Contemporary Sports Organization. Komskiene, Diana; Svagzdiene, Biruta; Benetyte, Monika // Socialiniai Tyrimai;2009, Vol. 2009 Issue 2, p32
This article analyses loyalty concept itself and reasons why employees may work better and more efficiently in sports organization. Loyalty is a pursuit and creation of long-term relations based on mutual trust, creation and pursuit of benefit. This can be achieved through satisfaction of needs...
- Americans more loyal to jobs than Japanese. // Corporate Board;May/Jun90, Vol. 11 Issue 62, p27
Informs on the increased job loyalty of Americans than Japanese.
- Corporate patriotism stimulates country pride and respect. Anderson, Lydia // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;07/27/98, Issue 322334, p31
Opinion. Examines the importance of instilling a sense of corporate patriotism and a sense of duty to employees. Benefits of improving employee loyalty; Benefits of celebrating the Fourth of July for companies; Importance of symbolism to communicate an organization's history and mission.
- Let's all be cheeseheads. Becker, Linda // Process Heating;Mar97, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on employee dedication and loyalty. Importance of teamwork in success; Well-functioning teams as a competitive advantage that keeps a company going; Comparison between employees and football fans in terms of loyalty to their teams.
- Loyalty. // Supervision;Apr97, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the importance of employee loyalty. Components of loyalty; Factors contributing to formation of employee loyalty.
- Effective ways to build customer loyalty. Graham, John R. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/13/95, Vol. 13 Issue 46, pB-4
Presents ways to increase customer loyalty.
- Is organizational loyalty dead? Cole, Joanne // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Feb97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p1
Cites the findings of a recent survey by Towers Perrin on how to win organizational loyalty. R. Edwards' predictions on organizational loyalty; Advantages and disadvantages of loyalty; Characteristics of present employees; Abandonment of the paternalistic culture; Need for fulfillment;...