Catering for consumer taste
- Untitled. Jones, Rachel // Farmers Weekly;8/16/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 32, p14
The article features Colin McKee of McKee's Country Store and Restaurants in England. The business generates an annual turnover of thee million British pounds and consists of a farm, retail shop, restaurant and catering venture. McKee's success started when he sold local vegetables and his own...
- Much food for thought in store. // Marketing Week;12/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p32
Reports the growth in the in-store catering services. Attitudes towards in-store catering; Total number of eating-out market; Factors contributing to the increase sales in the grocery stores.
- HEB's latest concept does nonfoods right. // Progressive Grocer;11/15/2007, Vol. 86 Issue 16, p11
The article focuses on the nonfoods and special services concept included in the store of H.E. Butt (HEB) Grocery Co., which opened in the Cypress neighborhood of Houston, Texas. In a statement announcing the store's opening, the regional chain said it designed the concept to marry the best of...
- Into the city. Deepak, Sukant // India Today;7/7/2014, p33
The article presents a checklist of what to eat, what to do and what to shop for in Punjab, India as of July 2014. One is Gusto, a 40-seater restaurant located in the inner market of Chandigarh's Sector 7. Another is the establishment of Rahul's Entertainment which aims to cater weddings and...
- ETHNIC STORES EXPAND. M.H. // SN: Supermarket News;3/30/2009, Vol. 57 Issue 13, p12
The article reports that supermarkets catering to the burgeoning Asian population in Canada are opening at a rapid pace throughout the nation. Perry Caicco, an analyst with CIBC World Markets, Toronto says that they are opening large stores everywhere, with great produce and great seafood....
- Class act. LOUCAS, ANTHEA // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Dec2015, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p110
The article discusses highlights of a 2015 dinner hosted by French luxury fashion house Louis Vuitton at the residence of artist David Bromley to celebrate the reopening of its Collins Street store in Melbourne, Victoria. Topics explored include the menu prepared by guest chef James Henry for...
- HOUSEKEEPING. // New Orleans Magazine;May2000, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p93
Recommends a restaurant, catering service and companies that offer interior design for homes in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Caterers dish out barbecue in backyards, board rooms. Pelton, Mimi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);07/26/99, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p25
Focuses on the barbecue catering business in New Orleans, Louisiana. Occasions where barbecue is catered; New Orleans restaurants that are into barbecue catering business; Cost of the meals served by these restaurants.
- GETTING IN ON THE ACT. Petran, Meredith // Restaurant Business;04/01/2000, Vol. 99 Issue 7, p27
Reports on the catering business of restaurants in the United States. Profits from catering; Difficulties of catering; Growth of social catering.