Growth with Proffitts
- Proffitt people. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/4/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 42, p10
Reports on the executive promotions at Proffitt Inc. Donald Wright as senior vice president of finance; James Scully as vice president and treasurer.
- New Proffitt's Merchandising Group to coordinate functions of divisions. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/28/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 81, p21
Reports that Proffitt Inc. has launched the Proffitt Merchandising Group to coordinate merchandise planning, marketing, as well as visual and brand development for its Younker's, McRae's and Proffitt's divisions.
- Proffitt's cuts costs, jobs after merger. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/13/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 30, p2
Reports on the downsizing at Proffitt's Inc. Number of positions to be eliminated; Amount of restructuring charge to be taken; Executive moves.
- Proffitt's power play. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/3/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 22, p8
Questions whether Proffitt's Inc. can maintain its small-town philosophy and regional focus as it brings a string of acquisitions into the fold. Company's commitment to the idea of a friendly store and workplace; Proffitt's small company culture; Financial performance of the company in the...
- Man with a mission. Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age;Aug96, Vol. 72 Issue 8, p41
Looks at Proffitt's chairman R. Brad Martin's plans for the company's growth. Acquisition of Parisian; Alteration of Parisian's near total dependence on clothing; Focus on finding the synergies between the two companies and using the combined firm's greater size to improve buying power.
- Younkers opts for Proffitt's over Carson's. // Chain Store Age;Dec95 Section 1, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p43
Reports on Younkers Inc.'s decision to merge with Proffitt Inc. Number of retail stores under the companies; Total revenues; Expansion plans.
- Proffitt's sees payoff on money spent. Zissu, Alexandra // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;2/19/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 33, p30
Details the financial performance of Proffitt's Inc. for the fourth quarter ended February 1, 1997. Acquisition and restructuring charges for G.H. Herberger; Additional fourth-quarter charge for the company's plan to sell seven stores in Virginia to Dillard Department Stores; Earnings per share.
- New Proffitt picture. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/17/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 52, p15
Reports on the appointment of James A. Coggin as president of Proffitt Incorporated. R. Brad Martin as predecessor; Career background; Other officers who were promoted.
- Proffitt's to acquire Parisian. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/9/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 4, p2
Reports on Proffitt Inc.'s plan to purchase Parisian Inc. Total value of the deal; Reported sales of Parisian in the 12 months ending May 4, 1996; Total volume of Proffitt's after the acquisition of Younkers Inc.; Benefits of the acquisition to the companies.