Wake up call for sleeping beauty
- Divan inspiration. Baum, Stephanie // Cabinet Maker;3/28/2003, Issue 5330, p20
Focuses on the use of imaginative techniques to promote beds, bedsteads and mattresses. Importance of style and fashion; Use of a fiber with antibacterial and antifungal additives for defense against dust mites; Demand for different types of timber. INSETS: Vital statistics;Bizarre world of...
- Bedding unit sales dip 2.1% in 2007. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;6/16/2008, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p1
The article reports on the key findings included in the bedding marketplace report "2007 Mattress Industry Report of Sales and Trends," which was compiled by Alexandria, Virginia-based International Sleep Products Association. Among the key findings were the decline of unit shipments of...
- Specialty sleep keys on solid sales, opportunities. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;3/4/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 26, p48
Focuses on the trade show to be staged by the Specialty Sleep Association and Futon Association International. Display of specialty sleep products, mattresses and covers; Inclusion of workshops on marketing and customer service; Retail prices of mattresses and boxsprings.
- Symbol Mattress Co. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;11/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p26
Features the bedding producer Symbol Mattress Co. in Richmond, Virginia. Assessment of the competitive product values; Quality of the mattresses; Features of the latex core bedding Symbol Dream Collection.
- Springing up. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;04/28/2000, Issue 5185, p18
Comments on the increasing trend among consumers to buy mattresses and bases separately, and the increase in the bedstead market in Great Britain. Problems of separately purchasing mattresses and bases; Bed companies' efforts to resolve the problem; Jiffy Packaging's launch of a timesaving...
- ISPA asks Calif. to clear up FR 'confusion' Perry, David // Furniture/Today;5/10/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p4
Reports on the International Sleep Products Association's call to California officials to clear up confusion about its mattress flammability standard. State's implementation of the open-flame mattress flammability standard TB 603; Association's comment that TB 603 is legally unenforceable...
- Naturepedic, Lullaby Earth earn MVP2 awards. // Furniture/Today;10/7/2013, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p46
The article announces that the 2013 MVP2 Awards have been given to two mattress manufacturing firms at the National Pollution Prevention Roundtable as of 2013, Naturepedic and Lullaby Earth for manufacturing mattresses without using controversial chemicals.
- Stearns & Foster launching 3 lines, rebate promotion. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;9/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
The article features the launching of three new product lines along with a consumer promotional program by the luxury bedding manufacturer Sterns & Foster. The products include Tropical Oasis latex line, 160th Anniversary line, and Silver Edition line mattresses. They were designed to provide...
- Pull out all the STOPS. // Cabinet Maker;10/25/2013, Issue 5858, p22
The article evaluates several guest beds including Carlton day bed option from Kyoto Futons Ltd., Midi sofa bed from East West, and Celcilia sofa bed from Relaxateeze.