ScS cheered by Christmas growth
- Technology, speed key to '05. Andrews, Susan M. // Furniture/Today;11/22/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p18
Assesses the trend in the upholstery fabric industry for 2005 in the U.S. Prediction on the influence of color and performance in the manufacture of products; Impact of the quota issue on the industry; Increase in prices of Chinese imports.
- Leather sources look for uptick in business. Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;12/27/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p44
The article presents an outlook for the leather upholstery industry in 2005. After a year of facing challenges such as the U.S. elections, the Iraq war and the emergence of the Las Vegas market in Nevada, compounded by an out-of- kilter euro and a stronger Canadian dollar, the leather upholstery...
- Rose Hill to boost RTA uph. output. Evans, Gary // Furniture/Today;11/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the launching of ready-to-assemble (RTA) upholstery by Rose Hill in Mississippi. Increase of production output; Retail price of the furniture; Increase of demand for RTA.
- Upholsterers: Masters of the great coverup. Stanton, E. // Career World;Nov91, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
Offers a look at the job of an upholsterer and what it takes to get into this vo-tech career. What an upholsterer does; The probable rise in the number of jobs into the 21st century; Courses that should be taken; The importance of experience; Who to contact for more information.
- Bold is beautiful. // Home Furnishings;May96, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p40
Features fabrics for curtains and upholstery in Great Britain. Includes floral fabrics from Sanderson's Signature collection; Crowson's Ikatania line of Indian-inspired patterns; Witan park collection of florals by Brown & Rowan.
- Sumptuous seating. // Home Furnishings;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p22
Provides retail information on a wide assortment of upholstery fabrics that can be purchased in England. Description of the Fiori, Don Juan, Lillian August, Othello and Britannia collections; Other designs; Who the products are available from.
- Fabrics. // Home Furnishings;Sep/Oct97, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p63
Presents information as it relates to upholstery fabrics. What English Classics from Crowson were inspired by; Features of Claremont's collection; Description of designs for Le Plongeom Designs.
- Quick coverup. Thomason, Julia H. // Southern Living;Nov95, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p140
Provides tips for a quick coverup or upholstery for an outdated chair. Attachment of cut fabric to chair with a staple gun; Selection of a drapery fabric or lightweight upholstery fabric in a solid color or a non-directional pattern; Steps involved.
- New products: Leather upholstery. // Cabinet Maker;02/27/98, Issue 5077, p9
Presents several leather upholstery products in Great Britain. Includes a Cleopatra armchair; Zilzal sofa with hardwood frame from Art Forma; July tub chair from Bevan Funnel.