Impact of interventions to prevent and manage preeclampsia and eclampsia on stillbirths
- Antihypertensive use in pregnancy on the rise. // Reactions Weekly;10/6/2012, Issue 1422, p5
The article discusses a study which found that antihypertensive use during pregnancy is on the rise despite potential risk of fetal morbidity.
- Role of amniotic fluid index in pregnancy outcome. Patel, Aesha; Patel, H. V. // International Archives of Integrated Medicine;Aug2015, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p1
Background: Amniotic fluid is vital to the well-being of the fetus. Disorders of liquor amnii has a significant impact on pregnancy and fetus, it prompted us to carry out this study with sincere efforts to find out its effect on pregnancy outcome. Aim and objectives: To find out incidence of...
- Assumptions and methods in the Lives Saved Tool (LiST). Fox, Monica J.; Martorell, Reynaldo; van den Broek, Nynke; Walker, Neff // BMC Public Health;2011 Supplement 3, Vol. 11 Issue Suppl 3, p1
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses several articles including one on neonatal mortality, second on the development of the computer based model Lives Saved Tool (LiST), and last on reviews which estimate effectiveness of interventions.
- Antihypertensives raise birth complication risk. // Pulse;2/9/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on the results of a research conducted by Robert Davis, director of Kaiser Permanente's centre for health research in Atlanta and his colleagues, published in the journal "Pharmacoepideiology and Drug," that indicates that antihypertensives raise birth complication...
- Invited Commentary: Identifying Women with Hypertension during Pregnancy--Is High Specificity Sufficient? // American Journal of Epidemiology;Jun2007, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p125
Hypertensive complications of pregnancy contribute to the burden of maternal morbidity and subsequently have an impact on neonatal morbidity and mortality. Although codes from the International Classification of Diseases should delineate the specific subtypes of pregnancy-related hypertension,...
- Mrs Killer and Dr Crook: Birth Attendants and Birth Outcomes in Early Twentieth-century Derbyshire. REID, ALICE // Medical History;Oct2012, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p511
After the passing of the 1902 Midwives Act, a growing proportion of women were delivered by trained and supervised midwives. Standards of midwifery should therefore have improved over the first three decades of the twentieth century, yet nationally this was not reflected in the main outcome...
- Sirenomelia-sympus unipus (mermaid deformity). Wasnik, Ashish; Lalchandani, Usha R. // Pediatric Radiology;Dec2010, Vol. 40, p14
The article focuses on the stillborn infant delivered by a 29-year-old primigravida which has fused lower limbs with undeveloped single foot and no genitalia and anus that is consistent with sirenomelia, a rare and lethal congenital anomaly.
- Effectiveness of interventions to screen and manage infections during pregnancy on reducing stillbirths: a review. Ishaque, Sidra; Yakoob, Mohammad Yawar; Imdad, Aamer; Goldenberg, Robert L.; Eisele, Thomas P.; Bhutta, Zulfiqar A. // BMC Public Health;2011 Supplement 3, Vol. 11 Issue Suppl 3, p1
Background: Infection is a well acknowledged cause of stillbirths and may account for about half of all perinatal deaths today, especially in developing countries. This review presents the impact of interventions targeting various important infections during pregnancy on stillbirth or perinatal...
- Mortalidad perinatal en el Hospital de Ginecoobstetricia nÃºm. 23 de Monterrey, Nuevo LeÃ³n (2002 a 2006). Saucedo, María Elena Gutiérrez; Herrera, Ricardo Jorge Hernández; García, Sergio Arturo Luna; Santos, Roberto Flores; Galván, Luis Gerardo Alcalá; Gaytán, Victoria Martínez // Ginecologia y Obstetricia de Mexico;may2008, Vol. 76 Issue 5, p243
Background: Perinatal period begins at 22 gestational weeks and ends seven days after birth. Perinatal mortality is an important quality indicator of the obstetric and pediatric care available, and representative of the population's health service. Objective: to know fetal, early neonatal, and...