Effect of screening and management of diabetes during pregnancy on stillbirths
- Environmental tobacco smoke and fetal health: systematic review and meta-analysis. Leonardi-Bee, J.; Smyth, A.; Button, J.; Coleman, T. // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Fetal & Neonatal Edition;Sep2008, Vol. 93 Issue 5, pF351
Objective: To determine the effects of environmental tobacco smoke (ETS) exposure on birth outcomes. Design: A systematic review and meta-analysis was performed in accordance with MOOSE guidelines. MEDLINE, EMBASE, CINAHL and LILACS (up to October 2007), were searched and also reviews and...
- Blocking the Pathways to Destruction. Dinsmoor, Robert // Countdown;Winter2001, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p44
Focuses on the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial, a diabetes research conducted in the United States. Impact of blood glucose levels on the diagnosis of diabetes; Analysis of different biochemical pathways leading from high blood glucose levels to diabetic complications; Efficacy of...
- Relevance of colour vision and diabetic retinopathy to self-monitoring of blood glucose. Graham, K.; Kesson, C.M.; Kennedy, H.B.; Ireland, J.T. // British Medical Journal;10/11/1980, Vol. 281 Issue 6246, p971
Studies the effect of visual defects in diabetic patients on the self-monitoring of blood glucose. Ability of diabetic patients to accurately measure blood glucose concentration; Trend towards poor performance with advancing age; Reliability of the home monitoring of blood glucose.
- Study shows tight control can delay, slow or prevent complications for type I, insulin-dependent... // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p6
Declares that tight control of blood glucose can delay, slow and prevent the development of diabetes complications. Study in the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial (DCCT); Reduction in the risk of eye, kidney and nerve damage; Goal of an intensive treatment program; Drawbacks; Benefits of...
- Limited offer for free blood glucose monitoring kits. // Filipino Post;10/27/2011, p11
The article discusses about the Compassionate Use Program taken up by the Canadian Diabetes Association by virtue of which they would provide the diabetes patients of Canada with free blood glucose monitoring kit and help the people in their recovery from the disease.
- Errata. // Diabetes Care;Sep2010, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p2129
Several corrections on various articles are presented including the cost-effectiveness of continuous glucose monitoring in type 1 diabetes, the impact of acute hypoglycemia on inflammatory and pro-atherothrombotic biomarkers in diabetics and healthy people, and the use of aspirin for preventing...
- Cardioprotective Therapies and Diabetes Risk: An Overview. Buckley, Rita // MD Conference Express;Dec2011, p6
The article discusses the risk of diabetes in patients who are on cardioprotective therapies. It talks about a study that reveals the role of blood glucose in making a diabetic patients a risk for cardiovascular disease. It talks about a meta-analysis that shows the significant role of intensive...
- DANISH, NO COFFEE. // Time;11/28/2005, Vol. 166 Issue 22, p81
The article mentions a survey of Danish women which found that drinking eight or more cups of coffee per day can increase the risk of stillbirth and miscarriage.
- Muerte fetal anteparto: Â¿es una condiciÃ³n prevenible? MOLINA, SAULO; ALFONSO, DIANA ALEJANDRA // Universitas MÃ©dica;jul-sep2010, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p59
No abstract available.