Assumptions and methods in the Lives Saved Tool (LiST)
- Impact of interventions to prevent and manage preeclampsia and eclampsia on stillbirths. Jabeen, Mehnaz; Yakoob, Mohammad Yawar; Imdad, Aamer; Bhutta, Zulfiqar A. // BMC Public Health;2011 Supplement 3, Vol. 11 Issue Suppl 3, p1
Background: Pre-eclampsia and Eclampsia are relatively common complications of pregnancy, leading to considerable maternal and fetal mortality and morbidity. We sought to review the effect of aspirin, calcium supplementation, antihypertensive agents and magnesium sulphate on risk stillbirths....
- VIRTUAL SIMULATION AS A LEARNING METHOD IN INTERVENTIONAL RADIOLOGY. AVRAMOV, Predrag; AVRAMOV, Milena; JUKOVIĆ, Mirela; KADIĆ, Vuk; TILL, Viktor // Medicinski Pregled / Medical Review;jul/avg2013, Vol. 66 Issue 7/8, p335
Introduction. Radiology is the fastest growing discipline of medicine thanks to the implementation of new technologies and very rapid development of imaging diagnostic procedures in the last few decades. On the other hand, the development of imaging diagnostic procedures has put aside the...
- The current status of interventional radiology in Canada: results of a survey by the Canadian.... Millward, Steven F. // Canadian Association of Radiologists Journal;Apr2001, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p87
Presents survey results on the current status of interventional radiology conducted by the Canadian Interventional Radiology Association in Canada. Use of a questionnaire in conducting the survey; Interpretation of survey results; List of interventional radiology procedures.
- Interventional Radiology Cases. Wilde, Neil // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Dec2015, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p729
No abstract available.
- Literature reviews. // Clinical Pediatrics;Mar1997, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p182
Reviews the article `The Effects of Patient Volume and Level of Care at the Hospital of Birth on Neonatal Mortality' by C.S. Phibbs, J.M. Bronstein, et al.
- Complications of an Umbilical Artery pH of Less Than 7.00. Apgar, Barbara // American Family Physician;3/1/1997, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p1378
Discusses the results of an evaluative study on the relationship between an umbilical artery pH of less than 7.00 and neonatal morbidity and mortality, in light of the fact that the umbilical cord acid-base balance has been used as a measure of intrapartum asphyxia. Statistical information on...
- Baby deaths related to timing of birth. // Australian Nursing Journal;Apr98, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p35
States that according to an analysis of births in Wales published in the British Medical Journal, death rates are higher for babies born at night and during the holiday months than for those born outside those times. What led researchers to this conclusion; Other findings of the analysis; What...
- Postneonatal mortality surveillance--United States, 1980-1994. Scott, Cheryl L.; Iyasu, Solomon; Rowley, Diane; Atrash, Hani K. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;7/3/1998 Supplement SS-2, Vol. 47 Issue 25, p15
Presents the results of a public health analysis which described the trends in postneonatal mortality (PNM), with reference to information published in 1991. Reference to data compiled by the National Center for Health Statistics; Details on the status of the PNM rate; Interpretation of results...
- Automatic Monitoring of Localized Skin Dose with Fluoroscopic and Interventional Procedures. Khodadadegan, Yasaman; Zhang, Muhong; Pavlicek, William; Paden, Robert; Chong, Brian; Schueler, Beth; Fetterly, Kenneth; Langer, Steve; Wu, Teresa // Journal of Digital Imaging;Aug2011, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p626
This software tool locates and computes the intensity of radiation skin dose resulting from fluoroscopically guided interventional procedures. It is comprised of multiple modules. Using standardized body specific geometric values, a software module defines a set of male and female patients...