Male and Non-English-Speaking Patients with Fracture Have Poorer Knowledge of Osteoporosis
- Absolute risk reduction in osteoporosis: assessing treatment efficacy by number needed to treat. Ringe, Johann D.; Doherty, John G. // Rheumatology International;May2010, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p863
Postmenopausal osteoporosis is a chronic condition due to decreased bone mass, leading to reduced bone strength and increased fracture risk. Currently available pharmacological treatments include antiresorptive agents (bisphosphonates and raloxifene) and bone-forming agents (strontium ranelate...
- Subclinical hypercortisol-assessment of bone fragility: experience of single osteoporosis center in Sicily. LASCO, A.; CATALANO, A.; PILATO, A.; BASILE, G.; MALLAMACE, A.; ATTERITANO, M. // European Review for Medical & Pharmacological Sciences;2014, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p352
AIM: Hypercortisolism is known to cause osteoporosis. Some evidence suggests that osteoporotic fractures may be the presenting manifestations of otherwise-asymptomatic hypercortisolism. The aim of our research was to investigate the prevalence of subclinical hypercortisolism (SH) in...
- Height loss in postmenopausal women may indicate spinal fracture. Blazek, Nicole; Brannon, Matthew; Kalvaitis, Katie; Raible, Eric; Southall, Jennifer // Endocrine Today;May2010, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p21
The article discusses research on the possibility that height loss in postmenopausal women may indicate vertebral fracture, by K. Briot and colleagues, published in the "Canadian Medical Association Journal."
- Denosumab for the Prevention of Osteoporotic Fractures in Post-Menopausal Women A NICE Single Technology Appraisal. Scotland, Graham; Waugh, Norman; Royle, Pamela; McNamee, Paul; Henderson, Rob; Hollick, Rosemary // PharmacoEconomics;2011, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p951
The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) invited the manufacturer of denosumab (Amgen Inc., UK) to submit evidence for the clinical and cost effectiveness of denosumab for the prevention of fragility fractures in post-menopausal women, as part of the Institute's single...
- Reduction in Fracture Rate and Back Pain and Increased Quality of Life in Postmenopausal Women Treated with Teriparatide: 18-Month Data from the European Forsteo Observational Study (EFOS). Langdahl, Bente L.; Rajzbaum, Gerald; Jakob, Franz; Karras, Dimitrios; Ljunggren, Östen; Lems, Willem F.; Fahrleitner-Pammer, Astrid; Walsh, J. Bernard; Barker, Clare; Kutahov, Alexey; Marin, Fernando // Calcified Tissue International;Dec2009, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p484
The European Forsteo Observational Study was designed to examine the effectiveness of teriparatide in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis treated for up to 18 months in normal clinical practice in eight European countries. The incidence of clinical vertebral and nonvertebral fragility...
- Women are overscreened, undertreated for osteoporosis. // Clinical Advisor;Oct2011, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p24
No abstract available.
- Oral presentations. // Menopause International;Dec2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p186
The article presents abstracts on medical topics which include osteoporosis in premature ovarian failure, women's libido, and postmenopausal bleeding.
- Validation of an osteoporosis self-assessment tool to identify primary osteoporosis and new osteoporotic vertebral fractures in postmenopausal Chinese women in Beijing. Yong Yang; BingQiang Wang; Qi Fei; Qian Meng; Dong Li; Hai Tang; JinJun Li; Nan Su // BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background: This study aimed to validate the effectiveness of the Osteoporosis Self-assessment Tool for Asians (OSTA) in identifying postmenopausal women at increased risk of primary osteoporosis and painful new osteoporotic vertebral fractures in a large selected Han Chinese population in...
- Plum good. ASP, KAREN // Yoga Journal;Feb2016, Issue 280, p14
The article focuses on a study published in the British Journal of Nutrition which reveals the significance of eating dried plums to prevent osteoporosis and bone loss in postmenopausal women and also mentions that dried plums contain various nutrients including boron, magnesium & potassium.