Helical Cutting as a New Method for Tendon-Lengthening in Continuity
- Biomechanical comparison of three methods for distal Achilles tendon reconstruction. Wu, Ziying; Hua, Yinghui; Li, Hongyun; Chen, Shiyi; Li, Yunxia // Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy;Dec2015, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p3756
Purpose:To compare the load at failure and stiffness associated with three surgical techniques for distal Achilles tendon reconstruction (AT). Methods:Nine matched pairs of fresh-frozen human cadaveric ATs were divided into three groups. Distal AT reconstruction was...
- Personal View. Evans, Mary // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/30/1985, Vol. 290 Issue 6473, p1001
Presents personal view on medicine. Importance of surgery for the Achilles tendon disorder; Evaluation of clinical trials of lumpectomy with radiotherapy; Application of mastectomy for the carcinoma of the breast.
- Late Surgical Repair of Achilles Tendon Rupture May Be Helpful. Boyden, Eric M. // American Family Physician;10/1/1993, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p859
Highlights the probability that late surgical treatment in recreational athletes who sustain Achilles tendon rupture may be as effective as early repair. Evaluation of patients who underwent surgery with different durations four years after surgery; Postoperative pain; Limitations in...
- RECONSTRUCTION OF CHRONIC RUPTURES OF THE DISTAL BICEPS TENDON WITH USE OF AN ACHILLES TENDON ALLOGRAFT. Sanchez-Sotelo, Joaquin; Morrey, Bernard F.; Adams, Robert A.; O'Driscoll, Shawn W. // Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, American Volume;Jun2002, Vol. 84-A Issue 6, p999
Background: Chronic ruptures of the distal biceps tendon are uncommon and are complicated by the retraction and poor quality of the muscle and tendon. Surgical procedures that have been described for the treatment of this injury are limited by the quality and availability of the structures used...
- Biomechanical comparison of the primary stability of suturing Achilles tendon rupture: a cadaver study of Bunnell and Kessler techniques under cyclic loading conditions. Herbort, Mirco; Haber, Axel; Zantop, Thore; Gosheger, Georg; Rosslenbroich, Steffen; Raschke, Michael J.; Petersen, Wolf // Archives of Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgery;Nov2008, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p1273
Biomechanical studies investigating suture techniques for Achilles tendon repair used single load to failure tests in order to evaluate the maximal load capacity of the repaired construct. During early rehabilitation the repair is repetitively loaded such as exercise or daily living activities...
- achillorrhaphy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p23
A definition of the medical term "achillorrhaphy," which refers to the suture of the Achilles tendon, is presented.
- achillotenotomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p23
A definition of the medical term "achillotenotomy," which refers to Achillotomy, is presented.
- achillotomy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p23
A definition of the medical term "achillotomy," which refers to the division of the Achilles tendon, is presented.
- Detroit Lions. Kowalski, Tom // Sporting News;10/1/2001, Vol. 225 Issue 40, p38
Reports developments in National Football League team Detroit Lions of Michigan as of October 2001. Capability of veteran player Ty Detmer; Return of cornerback player Bryant Westbrook after an Achilles' tendon surgery; Penalization of rookie player Jeff Backus.