Beware the Trojan horse
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;1/20/2009, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the personnel management. According to a report submitted by research firm High Fliers, almost one-fifth of Great Britain's top 100 employers have reduced graduate recruitment and professional services recruiting had dropped by 44% year on year. Union...
- Visions of Success: National Leaders' Views on Union Effectiveness. Fiorito, Jack; Stepina, Lee P. // Labor Studies Journal;Spring97, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the results of a study testing national union leaders' perception of factors influencing union effectiveness. Innovation; Decentralization; Rationalization; Broadening of the range of issues to be targeted by strategies; Need for continued evaluation of union performance by union...
- Against more bad government. // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p3
Presents a caption story showing the executive director of DC 37, Stanley Hill in New York City, addressing worker safety at the `Workers Memorial Day' to honor workers who were killed or injured on the job. When the event was held; Call for protest against Governor George Pataki's workers'...
- Union leaders will talk to the community about phony "right-to-work (for less)" issue. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;11/25/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that more than 150 union leaders meet in Missouri to address the issue of anti-worker effort and prevent the passage of the "right-to-work (for less)" laws due to the diminishing effects to the standard of living and economic growth in Jefferson City.
- Top Officers of Local Unions. Goldberg, Michael J. // Labor Studies Journal;Winter95, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p3
Presents information of the top officers of private sector local unions in the United States. Data on size, type, age of union locals; Insight into officers' gender, race, age, education; Examination of career paths; Forecast on career after leaving office.
- Union officials. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/12/96 Supplement Leadership, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p9
Presents a directory of union officials in Long Island, New York, updated in December 1995.
- IRONWORKER OFFICIAL INDICTED AS FEDERAL PROBE CONTINUES. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/15/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p20
Reports the indictment of union official James E. Cole in the United States. Accusation of using union funds to pay for personal expenses; Charges of embezzlement, mail fraud, false statements and concealment; Creation of a defense trust fund by the union.
- The Winnipeg Ten . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Details the arrest of several union leaders in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Allegation of conspiracy to overthrow the government; Names of the defendants; Popularity of the trial.
- Labor wants convention plan. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p1
Local union leaders quietly are beginning to exert their considerable political publicity to get a new convention center built in Cleveland, Ohio and to start a discussion more broadly on job creation in the region. A letter sent in September 2003, to local political leaders under the letterhead...