Beware the Trojan horse
- Bad week for... // Personnel Today;1/20/2009, p4
The article offers news briefs related to the personnel management. According to a report submitted by research firm High Fliers, almost one-fifth of Great Britain's top 100 employers have reduced graduate recruitment and professional services recruiting had dropped by 44% year on year. Union...
- Visions of Success: National Leaders' Views on Union Effectiveness. Fiorito, Jack; Stepina, Lee P. // Labor Studies Journal;Spring97, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the results of a study testing national union leaders' perception of factors influencing union effectiveness. Innovation; Decentralization; Rationalization; Broadening of the range of issues to be targeted by strategies; Need for continued evaluation of union performance by union...
- Against more bad government. // New York Amsterdam News;5/4/96, Vol. 87 Issue 18, p3
Presents a caption story showing the executive director of DC 37, Stanley Hill in New York City, addressing worker safety at the `Workers Memorial Day' to honor workers who were killed or injured on the job. When the event was held; Call for protest against Governor George Pataki's workers'...
- Union leaders will talk to the community about phony "right-to-work (for less)" issue. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;11/25/2010, Vol. 75 Issue 17, p1
The article reports that more than 150 union leaders meet in Missouri to address the issue of anti-worker effort and prevent the passage of the "right-to-work (for less)" laws due to the diminishing effects to the standard of living and economic growth in Jefferson City.
- Top Officers of Local Unions. Goldberg, Michael J. // Labor Studies Journal;Winter95, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p3
Presents information of the top officers of private sector local unions in the United States. Data on size, type, age of union locals; Insight into officers' gender, race, age, education; Examination of career paths; Forecast on career after leaving office.
- Union officials. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/12/96 Supplement Leadership, Vol. 43 Issue 33, p9
Presents a directory of union officials in Long Island, New York, updated in December 1995.
- IRONWORKER OFFICIAL INDICTED AS FEDERAL PROBE CONTINUES. Winston, Sherie // ENR: Engineering News-Record;01/15/2001, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p20
Reports the indictment of union official James E. Cole in the United States. Accusation of using union funds to pay for personal expenses; Charges of embezzlement, mail fraud, false statements and concealment; Creation of a defense trust fund by the union.
- The Winnipeg Ten . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Details the arrest of several union leaders in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Allegation of conspiracy to overthrow the government; Names of the defendants; Popularity of the trial.
- Squeeze play in Calgary. Sillars, Lee // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;12/4/95, Vol. 22 Issue 51, p16
Announces that Calgary's municipal officials are looking for ways to create tax hikes. The Saddledome and baseball stadium no longer being exempt from education and municipal property taxes, according to the Municipal Government Act; Discussions about a pay increase proposal to link pay with...