Divorce mediation beats the blues
- DIVORCE MEDIATION. Wolk, Allan // Dispute Resolution Journal;Jan-Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p39
Dicusses divorce mediation in the United States. Benefits of divorce mediation; Details on the mediation process. INSET: New Divorce Mediation Program..
- Mediation after divorce. // Single Parent;Jun85, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p12
Most people think of mediation as negotiating before divorce. But it can help divorced parents get along in their post-divorce relationship and make them better parents. INSET: Locating mediators..
- Consider mediation. Spencer, Theodore // Town & Country;Jan98, Vol. 152 Issue 5212, p121
Discusses various aspects of mediation for couples who want to file for divorce. Role of the mediator; Communication and continuing relations with the spouse; Privacy; Cost of per hour; Custody of the children.
- Divorce--mediation style. Jensen, Rita Henley // ABA Journal;Feb97, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p55
Discusses the application of mediation in divorce processes in the United States. Rational discussion between divorcing couples; Issues discussed in mediation sessions; Role of lawyers and judges in mediating divorces; Provisions for custody and visitation rights for children; Concerns in...
- Bringing the Parties APART. Douglas, Joel M.; Maier, Lynn J. // Dispute Resolution Journal;Sep94, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p29
Discusses the adaptation and replication of mediation techniques for use in resolving matrimonial disputes in the United States. Process' roots in labor relation matters; Need to remove the courts from the role of psychologist and sociologist; Divorce mediation activities of the American...
- MEDIATING THE DIVORCE. HELFAND, TANYA // Desi Talk;1/10/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p25
The article offers information on the process of mediation which is available for people who filed for divorce in the New Jersey Court.
- More states adopting divorce mediation. Trigoboff, Dan // ABA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p32
Reports on the increase of court-annexed mediation programs in the United States. Components of mediation programs; Programs as inexpensive; Possibility of a bad deal for spouses under the program; Establishment of cooperation between the parties through the program.
- Is Divorce Mediation the Practice of Law? A Matter of Perspective. // California Law Review;May87, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p1093
Offers perspective on whether divorce mediation is the practice of law. Incidence of divorce; Information on divorce mediation; Definition of the practice of law; Underlying values when asking whether divorce mediation is the practice of law.
- For LI firm, divorce biz is booming. Lamb, Rose-Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/27/2000-111/02/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 43, p4A
Discusses the growing business of the Divorce Mediation Center in Long Island, New York. Advertising campaign to promote the center's operations in 2001; Number of divorces in Long Island every year; Range of services offered by the Divorce Mediation Center.