Optimists love their jobs
- Key Tips To Ward Off Worry. // TeamWork;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p4
The article offers tips for employees to combat with worrisome thoughts around the office including thinking positively, thinking rationally and thinking quick about the worries to find a solution and stay way from unnecessary fretting.
- Become More Optimistic. // TeamWork;Feb2013, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p7
The article reflects on adopting positive attitude by employees at the workplace as positive thinking can solve all problems and also leads to success at the workplace.
- `Hard optimists' don't complain; they always come back for more. Dauten, Dale // New Hampshire Business Review;03/10/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the negatives effects of employee optimism on business success. Disadvantages of letting an optimist do the budget forecast and make loan decisions; Importance of discipline in business success; Characteristics of hard optimists and pessimists.
- The bright spot on dark days needs to be you. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p15
The article offers tips on how employees drowning in negativity improve their attitude. First, eliminate the national news reporting recession in the U.S. Next, read something positive or listen to a positive message every single day. Finally, spend a few minutes each day reviewing all the good...
- Make Lying Work for You. // Men's Health;Mar2016, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p28
The article offers situations in which lying can bolster one's career, including claiming that one can do a major project that he/she is not really ready for and showing optimism even when one doubts about the future of his/her company.
- Start Your Day The Right Way, End It On A Good Note. // Customers First;2015, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p2
The article discusses positive ways to start and end your work day with various tips including waking up with a positive attitude, getting to work early, and finishing your work by day's end, to create positive vibes in the workplace and prepare for the next day.
- A Descriptive 'Snapshot' of Cross-Racial Supervision in University Counseling Center Internships. Duan, Changming; Roehike, Helen // Journal of Multicultural Counseling & Development;Apr2001, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p131
Results of a survey of cross-racial supervision dyads at university counseling centers showed (a) supervisees were more sensitive to cultural/racial issues than were supervisors, (b) supervisors reported making more efforts to address cultural issues than supervisees perceived, and (c)...
- How personal interactions and emotions impact the workplace. Katz, Mia // Women in Business;Mar/Apr2008, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p22
This article discusses how personal interactions and emotions impact the workplace. The author references a study which found that emotions that resulted from prior positive or negative thoughts or encounters can positively or adversely influence how people later judge or trust someone in an...
- Staying positive. // Office Professional;Nov2011, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p1
The article offers positive thinking strategies for office professionals when encountering negative experiences and issues. It suggests that when encountering problems, they should try to replace the thought with more positive statement and try not to drag people down involve in the issue. It...