Corporate universities--more and better
- Making every training dollar count. Rogers, Thomas // Automotive Marketing;Apr95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p65
Examines the effectivity of providing adequate training to employees in order to improve their individual performances. Frustrations of retailers, jobbers and employees; Situations and attitudes which limit the effectivity of personnel training; Training as a means to solve personnel skill...
- Cascading Training. Hubbard, Andrew // Mortgage Banking;Jun2003, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p106
Evaluates the concept of cascading training of employees in the U.S. Consideration of the complexity of the training course; Comparison with the strategy of sending all people needing a particular skill into training; Disadvantages of sending a single individual to a training course.
- Failing to train and coach new hires is failing to manage. Brown, W. Stephen // Supervision;Mar94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p10
Presents the author's thoughts about the importance for managers to get people from entry level to performing at minimum standards or better. Training and one-on-one coaching; Importance of patience in training and developing skills; Benefits of providing a positive atmosphere; Need for...
- Transforming workers into learners to meet global competition: Essential training principles. Estrada, Vicente F. // Supervision;May94, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p18
Presents the basic principles that affective industrial training should follow wherever and whenever it is implemented. Systematic training; Total learning; Line function; Importance of training everyone; Training measurement; Functionality; Training follow-through.
- Employee training that works. Morgan, Clay // Supervision;Jun94, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p11
Presents tips for managers to start an effective employee training program or to enhance one that is already in place. Assignment of a training coordinator; Scheduled training time; Planning of what to teach; Lesson plans and handouts; Employee strengths; Importance of employee input; Record of...
- Stats Appeal. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;Mar2001, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the importance of training in the organizational and corporate management. Benefits of tracking and reporting training expenditures on the company; Use of several corporate training sources; Effects of organizational training investment on the corporate stockholder returns.
- HELP WANTED Skilled Plant Workers. Higgins, Kevin T. // Food Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p42
Deals with the increasing need of providing training for plant workers. Prediction given by management consultant Roger E. Herman on plant worker skill-enhancement training; Example of alternative delivery mechanisms used in training employees; Information on the Eastern Washington Agriculture...
- Make Your Wish List Come True. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Dec2007, Vol. 96 Issue 12, p34
The article presents the author's views regarding the challenges in training employees after advancing industrial technology.
- Why technology training is important to business, industry. Watkins, John // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/21/99, Issue 322475, p27
Focuses on the importance of technology training of employees in improving the overall management, productivity and financial status of businesses and industries. Examples of technologies that have added value to products sold and services rendered; Need for employees to have sufficient...
- Management Training--An Integrated Approach. Wakeley, John H.; Shaw, Malcolm E. // Training Directors Journal / ASTD;Jul65, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p2
Discusses an integrated approach for management training for establishing manufacturing plants. Guidelines for training programs for plant management; Evaluation of laboratory methods and simulation in plant establishment training ; Needs for improvements in experimental design of evaluation;...