White House fallout on internships
- A representative list of companies who sponsored student internship programs in 1993-94. // Baylor Business Review;Fall1994, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p15
Presents companies that sponsored internship programs in 1993-1994. Includes America West Arena; Arthur Andersen; Beltmann Moving.
- Internships breaking into a career. Smith, Greg // Career World;Feb97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on internships that are work experiences allowing an intern to explore a particular career area. Reasons why people are seeking out internship opportunities; School counseling department as the best place to find out about internships; Importance of presenting oneself as a potential...
- Bonjour, global market. // Career World;Sep97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p2
Reports that choosing an international internship program could boost your situation on the job market. Advantages of choosing internships; Reference to the most popular fields for internship; Information on the most popular countries; Cost price for programs.
- 100 of the best internships. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Oct/Nov1995, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p44
Presents a directory of 100 companies and centers which offer the best internship programs in the United States for various fields of expertise. Includes internship locations for engineers; Education; Healthcare; Medical technologists and technicians; Mental health and social work.
- Breaking into the biz. Smith, Eric L. // Black Enterprise;Dec96, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p93
Presents information on internship programs in the entertainment industry of the United States. Includes theater internship program by the Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts; Music internship program by Arista Records Inc.; Film internship program by the Black Filmmakers Foundation.
- D.C. internship. // Editor & Publisher;1/28/95, Vol. 128 Issue 4, p33
States that the National Association of Hispanic Journalists and Hispanic Link News Service have established an internship to train a Latino print journalist. Stipend.
- Study: More students interns work. Olson, Lynn // Education Week;04/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 30, p7
Presents information on the result of a study by the Institute on Education and the Economy at Teachers College discussing school-to-work programs of high schools in the United States. Statistics on employers offering internship to students; Focus of the study; List of sites studied.
- Office internships--a winning proposition. Mishley, Marcia Piecewic // Secretary;Mar96, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p22
Discusses the benefits of implementing an internship program in the company. Basic information concerning internships; Tasks performed by interns; Suggestions for success of an internship program; Commencement of the program.
- Employers and student interns see rewards of early contact. Hoeschen, Brad L.F. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/13/96, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p11
Presents information on the internship corporate-sponsored scholarship and grant program. Influence of the internship program on student's research activities; Selectiveness of employers when hiring students out of collage; Eligibility for placement in the program; Details on some large...
- It's not just a job, it's an internship. // Scholastic Choices;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on fourteen-year-old Teresa Evans of Milford, Connecticut, and her extracurricular participation in an unpaid internship. What Teresa did during her 1996 summer vacation; How to find the right internship; Four steps in the search for an internship.