Individuals must act
- The great refrigerator scandal. Ashley, Jackie // New Statesman;1/28/2002, Vol. 131 Issue 4572, p8
Focuses on a European Union (EU) directive issued in January 2002 which prohibits the old ways of dealing with discarded refrigerators because of the effect on the environment. EU countries that have the right equipment for the law; Number of refrigerators disposed in Great Britain every day;...
- EPA extends venting ban to HFC, PFC refrigerants. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;11/20/95, Vol. 196 Issue 12, p1
Reports on Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) plan to cover hydrofluorocarbons (HFC) and perfluorinated compounds (PFC) under its revised venting program. Factors that determine whether the release of a substitute CFCs and HCFCs does not pose a threat; Refrigerants EPA plans to exempt;...
- U.S. tries to hold firm on HCFC refrigerant phaseouts. Stirpe, Davoid // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/10/95, Vol. 195 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the holding of the 11th meeting of the Open-Ended Working Group of the Parties to the Montreal Protocol on May 5-12, 1995 in Nairobi. Participation of international environmental organizations in the meeting; Amendment of the Montreal Protocol's schedule for the phaseout of...
- Refrigerant Talk Urges Reclaim. Powell, Peter // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/9/2009, Vol. 236 Issue 10, p1
The article reports on the proposed allocation rule released by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to take effect in 2010 that would result in a 20 percent shortfall in the amount of virgin R-22, necessary in the heating and ventilation refrigeration (HVACR) industry. Industry...
- Environmental Issues. // Laos Country Review;2009, p96
The article provides information on the environmental issues in Laos.
- Environmental Policy. // Laos Country Review;2009, p97
The article reports on the environmental policy in Laos.
- 1992-93 sabbatical exchange visit to the United Kingdom--Part I. Coleman, Gary // Journal of Environmental Health;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p9
Part I. Shares the author's experiences and impressions of the United States and United Kingdom's environmental health programs. Elmbridge District Council in the county of Surrey; Milford Port Health Authority; Sedgefield District Council; Calderdale District Council; South Kesteven District...
- Opposition to laws. Bodwin, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;8/16/93, Vol. 9 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the letter signed by Great Lakes manufacturers associations to slow the implementation of the proposed federal regulations to clean up the Great Lakes. Contents of the letter; Manufacturers' commitment to the environment.
- Environmental Issues. // Kenya Country Review;2009, p114
The article presents an overview of environmental issues in Kenya.