It's time to end the hypocrisy on birth control
- Confess contraception. CAMPION, OWEN F. // Our Sunday Visitor;4/18/2010, Vol. 98 Issue 51, p18
The article discusses confessing the use of artificial birth control.
- Philippine bishops, president to discuss birth control program. // National Catholic Reporter;8/13/93, Vol. 29 Issue 36, p10
Reports on the scheduled meeting between Philippine president Fidel Ramos and Philippine bishops to defuse a disagreement over birth control policy. Church defiance against the use of contraceptives; Health Secretary Juan Flavier; Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines' pastoral letter...
- BIRTH CONTROL. // Our Sunday Visitor;4/11/2010, Vol. 98 Issue 50, p11
The article presents a discussion about birth control as view by the Catholic Church.
- Opposition by Catholic Church to family planning: Petition to withdraw UN observer status from... // Women's International Network News;Spring95, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p80
Focuses on the petition formulated by opposition to the Catholic Church's position concerning family planning. Necessity of containing world population growth; Ban of birth control; Morality of limiting family size; Efforts to ensure the survival of the principle of infallibility of the pope;...
- Words and Contraception. Rigali, Norbert J. // America;09/23/2000, Vol. 183 Issue 8, p8
Deals with the moral and ethical aspects of contraception in relation to the Catholic Church's treatment of the term. Ethical issues about contraception; Changes with regard to the subject of onanism; Different meanings of contraception.
- Philippines: Family Planning Opposed By Catholic Church. // Women's International Network News;Winter2000, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p63
Discusses the status of the practice of family planning in the Philippines. How the Catholic Church reacted on this issue; Disguises made by family planning centers to cover up their true objectives; Impact of the inaction of the national government to address this issue.
- Varied religious stands on population. // Christian Century;7/27/94, Vol. 111 Issue 22, p714
Cites a report by scholars at a July 19, 1994 briefing at the United Nations outlining perspectives on population issues from various religious groups. Media coverage of the Vatican's stand against abortion at the United Nations International Conference on Population and Development in Cairo,...
- Detour: The commission on birth control. McClory, Robert // U.S. Catholic;Sep95, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p12
Presents an excerpt from the book `Turning Point,' by Robert McClory. Proceedings of the Papal Birth Control Commission; Majority view in favor of changing Church teaching on birth control; Rejection of such view.
- Picking a fight. // Commonweal;9/9/94, Vol. 121 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the dispute between the Vatican and the United States (US) over the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development in Cairo, Egypt. Vatican's opposition against the provision in the draft Plan of Action that allows abortion to be introduced as a routine practice in...