Structural studies of the mechanism for biosensing antibiotics in a fluoresceinlabeled Î²lactamase
- Hospital-Based Strategies for Combating Resistance. Owens, Jr., Robert C.; Rice, Louis // Clinical Infectious Diseases;4/15/2006 Supplement, Vol. 42, pS173
Selective pressures generated by the indiscriminate use of ï¿½-lactam antibiotics have resulted in increased bacterial resistance across all ï¿½-lactams classes. In particular, the use of third-generation cephalosporins has been associated with the emergence of extended-spectrum...
- COMPARISON OF DOUBLE DISC AND THREE DIMENSIONAL METHODS TO SCREEN FOR ESBL PRODUCERS IN A TERTIARY CARE HOSPITAL. Menon, T.; Bindu, D.; Kumar, C. P. G.; Nalini, S.; Thirunarayan, M. A. // Indian Journal of Medical Microbiology;Apr2006, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p117
Extended spectrum Î² lactamases (ESBLs) continue to be a major problem in clinical setups world over, conferring resistance to the expanded spectrum cephalosporins. An attempt was made to study ESBL production among Enterobacteriaceae members from a tertiary care center in Chennai. A total of...
- Baxan. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p99
The article presents information on baxan which is a proprietary, prescription-only preparation of the antibacterial and (cephalosporin) antibiotic cefadroxil. It can be used to treat many infections, and is available as capsules and an oral suspension.
- When to use the newer beta-lactam antibiotics. Rosenfeld, Elaine; Shaughnessy, Allen F. // Patient Care;9/15/1995, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p119
Studies the use of the new beta-lactam antibiotics and some third generation cephalosporin drugs. Brief on the fungus Cephalosporium acremonium; Description of oral agents Cefixime, Cefpodoxime proxetil, Cefprozil and Loracarbef, and parental agents Ceftazidine, Aztreonam, Imipenem/cilastatin...
- Clinical Use of the New Beta--Lactam Antimicrobial Drugs. Brooks, Geo F.; Barriere, Steven L. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr83, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p530
Discusses the clinical use of beta-lactam antimicrobial drugs. Cost-benefit considerations; Results of clinical microbiology laboratory and susceptibility testing; Guidelines for evaluation and use of the antimicrobial agents.
- Enterococcus: not an innocent bystander in cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. Lee, J.-H.; Yoon, J.-H.; Kim, B. H.; Chung, G. E.; Myung, S. J.; Kim, W.; Kim, Y. J.; Kim, E.-C.; Lee, H.-S. // European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases;Jan2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p21
Clinicians sometimes experience treatment failure in the initial empirical antibiotics treatment using cephalosporins in cirrhotic patients with spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP). Enterococcus, which is intrinsically resistant to cephalosporins, may be one of the causes of treatment...
- oxyimino beta lactam antibiotic. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1673
A definition of the term "oxyimino beta lactam antibiotic" is presented, which refers to a generation of cephalosporin.
- Appropriate Prescribing of Oral Beta-Lactam Antibiotics. Holten, Keith B. // American Family Physician;8/1/2000, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p611
Beta-lactam antibiotics include penicillins, cephalosporins and related compounds. As a group, these drugs are active against many gram-positive, gram-negative and anaerobic organisms. Information based on "expert opinion" and antimicrobial susceptibility testing supports certain antibiotic...
- BETA-LACTAM ANTIBIOTICS RESIDUES IN PASTEURIZED MILK BY BETA STAR TEST IN THE NORTH WEST REGION OF IRAN. Movassagh, Mohammad Hosein; Karami, Amir Reza // Journal of Agricultural & Biological Science;Nov2011, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p7
One hundred and fifty pasteurized milk samples were collected from Tabriz supermarkets from April 2010 to September 2010 by systematic random sampling methods. All samples were examined by Beta star screening kit (Neogen, USA). Of all samples 4(2.66%) were positive for beta-lactam antibiotic...