Influenza vaccine uptake among communitydwelling Italian elderly: results from a large crosssectional study
- Report highlights vaccination benefits. // Australian Nursing Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p22
Highlights the benefits of influenza vaccination among older people according to the 2003 issue of the 'New England Journal of Medicine.' Number of study participants; Proportion of people in the 1998-1999 period that were immunized; Reduction in risk of hospitalization for heart diseases...
- Flu shots for older adults: Few other preventions are as beneficial. // Geriatrics;Feb95, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p59
Presents the results of a study on the benefits of flu vaccinations for the aged in Minneapolis. Comparison of the rates of vaccination and the incidence of flu.
- Adult vaccinations: Protecting your patients from avoidable illness. Stein, Bernhardt E. // Geriatrics;Sep93, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p46
Cites the need for adults to be immunized against influenza. Susceptibility to influenza; Influenza infections as cause of morbidity and mortality; Classification of influenza A viruses; Immunization time; Recommended vaccines for older adults.
- Immunisation against influenza among people aged over 65 living at home in Leicestershire during winter 1991-2. Nicholson, Karl G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/10/93, Vol. 306 Issue 6883, p974
Examines the size of elderly population receiving influenza vaccines in Leicestershire, England. Immunization of elderly people living in residential homes with heart, lung or renal disease; Need of educating elderly patients on the advantages of vaccines; Tolerance of vaccines among the elderly.
- Influenza Vaccine Efficacy in Senior Citizens. // Critical Care Alert;Oct2008 Primary Care Supplement, p2
The article discusses the efficacy of influenza vaccination (FLUvax) in older people.
- Influenza Vaccine Efficacy in Senior Citizens. Kuritzky, Louis // Internal Medicine Alert;9/15/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p135
The article underscores a study which focuses on influenza vaccine efficacy among older people
- Effectiveness of influenza vaccination policy at... Watkins, John // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/25/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7115, p1069
Investigates on the influenza vaccine policy for the elderly people in the United Kingdom. Effectiveness of the policy; System and the methods used to contact patients; Statistics on the people who died from influenza and its complications.
- It's that time of year again... // Patient Care;11/30/1998, Vol. 32 Issue 19, p112
Cites a study suggesting that senior citizens in good health gain significant benefits from taking influenza vaccine. Detail of the study `Benefits of influenza vaccination for low-, intermediate-, and high-risk senior citizens,' by K.L. Nichol, J. Wuorema, and T. von Sternberg; Results...
- Nutritional support improves antibody response to influenza virus vaccine in the elderly. Chandra, Ranjit Kumar; Puri, Shakuntla // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);9/14/1985, Vol. 291 Issue 6497, p705
Focuses on the antibody response to influenza virus vaccine in the elderly. Rate of seroconversion in aged men given nutritional supplementation; Improvement in the immune response of the patients against the influenza disease; Significance of better protective immunity in elderly men.