Household food insecurity and childhood overweight in Jamaica and Quebec: a gender-based analysis
- Stress, Financial Management, and Childhood Obesity. // Journal of Nutrition Education & Behavior;Jul/Aug2012 Supplement, Vol. 44 Issue 4S1, pS84
No abstract available.
- Secular Trends in the Prevalence of Overweight and Obesity in Sicilian Schoolchildren Aged 11-13 Years During the Last Decade. Parrino, Cristina; Rossetti, Paola; Baratta, Roberto; La Spina, Nadia; La Delfa, Lavinia; Squatrito, Sebastiano; Vigneri, Riccardo; Frittitta, Lucia // PLoS ONE;Apr2012, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1
The present study evaluates trends in the prevalence of overweight and obesity in relation to gender and area of residence between two cohorts of students aged 11-13 years in Sicily. The analysis was performed on 1,839 schoolchildren, with 924 and 915 children being studied in 1999-2001 and...
- Countering obesity in the HCISD. // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);3/28/2012, Vol. 109 Issue 51, p3B
The article reports that steps were taken by Hays Consolidated Independent School District (HCISD) along with Children's Optimal Health to combat childhood obesity through the creation of maps that will show children's concentration with 85th percentile or above on the body mass index.
- Role Models. // Pediatrics for Parents;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9/10, p15
The article focuses on a study regarding the relationship between the body mass index (BMI) of children and the BMI of their caretakers.
- Ä°lkÃ¶ÄŸretim Ã¶ÄŸrencilerinde obezite prevalansÄ± ve iliÅŸkili risk faktÃ¶rleri. Öztürk, Ahmet; Aktürk, Saliha // TAF Preventive Medicine Bulletin;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p53
AIM: To determine the prevalence of obesity and to determine associated risk factors in school-aged children in Kayseri Province, Turkey. METHOD: This is a nested case-control study which conducted in two phases. First phase was carried out on 1226 students at four primary schools in the city...
- SUMMER HEALTH. N. S. // Education Week;6/6/2012, Vol. 31 Issue 33, p5
The article discusses a report from the National Summer Learning Association that found a child's body mass index rises two to three times faster during the summer than the school year months.
- AHA: Severe obesity affects 5% of US youth. // Endocrine Today;Oct2013, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p43
The article discusses the American Heart Association's (AHA) recommendation that children aged 2 years be classified as having severe obesity if their body mass index (BMI) is 120 percent higher than the 95th percentile for their age and sex.
- BMI Measurement May Miss Some Children Who Are Obese. // Today's Dietitian;Sep2014, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p74
No abstract available.
- A quarter of Welsh school starters are overweight. // Community Practitioner;Oct2014, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p8
The article reports that 1 in 10 four- and five-year olds in Wales are classified as obese, according to health protection service provider Public Health Wales, and mentions other topics like obesity in Wales, the town of Merthyr Tydfil, and body mass index.