Assessing the severity of conjunctivochalasis in a senile population: a community-based epidemiology study in Shanghai, China
- Audit of elderly people's eye problems and non-attendance at hospital eye service. Hillman, Jonathan G. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/9/94, Vol. 308 Issue 6934, p953
Investigates the prevalence of eye disease in elderly people in Great Britain. Factors influencing nonattendance of patients in hospital eye service; Efforts to reduce nonattendance of patients; Reasons for patients in not keeping treatment appointments.
- Part 1 Introduction. // Independent Nurse;6/2/2008, p33
The article focuses on the pathogenesis of pruritus, also known as itch. It is defined as the desire to scratch, the common complaint among patients over 65 years old that occurs as a result of dryness associated with systemic conditions. Moreover, it cites on the ambiguity of its pathogenesis,...
- Vision impairment prevalent among assisted living residents. Ryan, Patricia // Research Review (International Council on Active Aging);3/17/2013, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p1
The article discusses research on the occurrence of eye problems among people in assisted living residences, published in the March 2013 issue of the "Journal of Aging and Health."
- The Impact of Hyperemia on Compliance, Costs, and Medical Practice. // Ophthalmology Times;9/1/2004 Supplement 6, Vol. 29, p2
Presents the views of several ophthalmologists on hyperemia. Prevalence of conjunctival hyperemia in patients who take prostaglandin analogs; Causal factors of hyperemia; Implications of hyperemia for physicians and their patients.
- Problems with patients' eyes. // Pulse;5/12/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 19, p71
Presents photographs of unusual eye conditions. Nodule on the cornea; Bilateral subconjunctival hemorrhages.
- Tracoma em crianÃ§as do ensino fundamental no municÃpio de Bauru - Estado de SÃ£o Paulo, Brasil. BARBARINI FERRAZ, LUCIENI CRISTINA; SCHELLINI, SILVANA ARTIOLI; PADOVANI, CARLOS ROBERTO; MEDINA, NORMA HELEN; DALBEN, IVETE // Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia;2010, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p433
Purpose: A survey was carried out with schoolchildren in Bauru, SÃ£o Paulo State. The purpose of this study was to determine the prevalence of trachoma. Methods: One thousand, seven hundred and forty-nine children from 6 to 14 years old were examined during the year of 2005. The schools were...
- Surgical method sets higher standard for managing pterygium. Agarwal, Amar // Ocular Surgery News;8/10/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p45
The article discusses the management of pterygium. Surgeries for pterygium, one of the oldest pathologies known to ophthalmologists, can range from simple excision to techniques with exotic detail and meticulous maneuvers. The basis for the surgical steps involves a lamellar approach along with...
- Primary Orbital Hemangiopericytoma: An Unusual Cause of Unilateral Proptosis. Limaiem, Rim; Limaiem, Faten; Kourda, Nadia; Zairi, Issam; Chaabouni, Afif; El Matri, Leila // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Mar2010, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p279
A case study of primary orbital hemangiopericytoma is presented. This is termed as an unusual cause of unilateral proptosis, whereby a 38-year-old previously healthy man was presented with a one-month history of rapid expanding intra-orbital mass, causing proptosis of the left eye. The proptosis...
- Understanding Atopic and Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis. Townsend, William D. // Review of Cornea & Contact Lenses;Apr2007, p16
The article offers clinical information on atopic keratoconjunctivitis (AKC) and vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC). According to the author, allergy is one of the leading causes of chronic illness in the U.S. He claims that both AKC and VKC may cause harmful and blinding alterations. The...