Health-promoting behaviors and social support of women of reproductive age, and strategies for advancing their health: Protocol for a mixed methods study
- Reproductive desire in women with HIV infection in Spain, associated factors and motivations: a mixed-method study. Hernando, Victoria; Alejos, Belén; Álvarez, Débora; Montero, Marta; Jesús Pérez-Elías4, M.; Blanco, Jose Ramón; Masiá, Mar; del Romero, Jorge; de los Santos, Ignacio; Rio, Isabel; Llácer, Alicia // BMC Pregnancy & Childbirth;2014, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Background Antiretroviral therapy has created new expectations in the possibilities of procreation for persons living with HIV. Our objectives were to evaluate reproductive desire and to analyze the associated sociodemographic and clinical factors in HIV-infected women in the Spanish AIDS...
- Perceived Social Support and Preventive Health Behavioral Outcomes among Older Women. Harvey, Idethia; Alexander, Kezia // Journal of Cross-Cultural Gerontology;Sep2012, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p275
Although research has documented that social support is a positive pathway to healthpromoting behavioral practices, very few longitudinal studies have assessed the relationship between social support and health-promoting behaviors among older, diverse women. Three waves of data from the...
- Grandma's "Pill". Mills, Whitney // Perspectives (University of New Hampshire);2013, p4
This is a qualitative study that explores the experiences of women and the creation of the birth control pill. The study results from interviews with three women over the age of sixty-five, all of which were of reproductive age during the unveiling of the contraceptive pill in the United States....
- Prescription Medication Borrowing and Sharing among Women of Reproductive Age. Petersen, Emily E.; Rasmussen, Sonja A.; Daniel, Katherine Lyon; Yazdy, Mahsa M.; Honein, Margaret A. // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1073
Objective: The purpose of this study was to describe the patterns of prescription medication borrowing and sharing among adults, particularly women of reproductive age. Methods: Data were collected from the 2001â€“2006 HealthStyles surveys, an annual mail survey conducted in the United...
- Support Needs of Overweight African American Women for Weight Loss. Thomas, Janet L.; Stewart, Diana W.; Lynam, Ian M.; Daley, Christine M.; Befort, Christie; Scherber, Robyn M.; Mercurio, Andrea E.; Okuyemi, Kolawole S.; Ahluwalia, Jasjit S. // American Journal of Health Behavior;Jul/Aug2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p339
Objectives: To examine social support needs of obese and overweight African American women for weight loss. Methods: Focus groups were conducted with overweight and obese African American women. Data were analyzed using standard grounded theory text analysis. Results: Our middle- aged (45.7...
- Red alert ob/gyn. // Redbook;Jun2001, Vol. 196 Issue 6, p35
Presents information on the reproductive health of women.
- Reproductive health study finds US women at high risk. // Off Our Backs;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p4
Reveals that women in the United States have higher reproductive health risks than women in Singapore, Australia and Europe. Comparison with reproductive health risks of women in Africa and Afghanistan; Results of survey of 133 countries; Factors that determine each country's risk index.
- YOUR SEX HEALTH TO-DO LIST FOR '03. Kim, Lillian Lee // Glamour;Jan2003, Vol. 101 Issue 1, p53
Presents steps that a woman can take for her sexual health. Physical self-examination; Enhancement of sexual pleasure; Importance of not shying away from asking the doctor even the most embarrassing questions.
- COSMO GYNO. Califano, Julia // Cosmopolitan;Jun2001, Vol. 230 Issue 6, p126
Provides information on women's reproductive health, including facts on lower abdomen cramps.