Canada's Methanex restarts Alberta facility
Tags: METHANEX Corp.
- Methanex Corp. // Equities;Aug94, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p34
Features Methanex Corp. based in Vancouver, Canada. Gains in the second quarter ending June 30, 1994; Rise in methanol prices; Contact information.
- Methanex's earnings increase strong. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/02/98, Vol. 253 Issue 5, p13
Focuses on Methanex Corp.'s earnings for the fourth quarter of 1997. Comparison with 1996 results; Methanex's domination of the methanol market; Memorandums of understanding with Fletcher Challenge Energy, Ballard Power Systems and Qatar General Petroleum Corp.
- Methanex weighs options. // Chemical Week;7/30/97, Vol. 159 Issue 29, p6
States that Methanex is seeking to spend a large amount of money on strategic investments, including a possible acquisition according to its president, Pierre Choquette. Possible amount to be spend from its cash reserve; Why Methanex is not interested in buying the ICI plant at Billingham,...
- Methanex streamlining and adding new capacity. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/9/96, Vol. 250 Issue 24, p11
Reports on Methanex Corp.'s reorganization of its business operations to lower its operating expenses. Company background; Financial performance; Details of the company's reorganization plans.
- Methanex mulls methanol plants in Asia-Pacific. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;05/19/97, Vol. 251 Issue 20, p11
Reports on Methanex Corporation's plans for the construction of methanol plants in the Asia-Pacific. Attraction on the area's plentiful gas availability; Part of the projects to enlarge the alcohol market; Disadvantage of the high cost of gas in Asia.
- Methanex plans Asian methanol complex. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/09/97, Vol. 251 Issue 23, p11
Highlights a Methanex Corp. plan to build a methanol complex in Asia which will be operational by year 2002.
- Methanex earnings down, but company remains strong. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/27/98, Vol. 253 Issue 17, p5
Reports on the optimism of Methanex Corp. that it will have an improved financial performance despite the collapse of global methanol prices. Recovery from a decrease in earnings during the 1998 first quarter; Forecast on higher sales for the rest of the year.
- Methanex cuts production, takes $100-million charge... Morris, Gregory D.L. // Chemical Week;12/11/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 48, p14
Reports on Methanex's plan to idle some methanol capacity in Canada and New Zealand as part of its global rationalization. Company's taking of a $100 million charge against earnings in the fourth quarter of 1996 to write down the carrying value of the assets; Stability of the methanol market...
- Methanex to join Indonesian project? // Chemical Week;6/4/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 22, p6
Presents Methanex company's plans of acquiring a stake in the methanol plant being built in Indonesia by PT Kaltim Methanol Industry (KMI). Comments from KMI President Abdul Wahab on Methanex's plans; Others business plans of Methanex.