Gender differences in suicidal expressions and their determinants among young people in Cambodia, a post-conflict country
- Risk factors related to suicidal behavior among male and... Vannatta, Rachel A. // Journal of Youth & Adolescence;Apr96, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p149
Examines the differences in self-reported suicidal behavior among male and female adolescents, in relation to risk factors of tobacco, alcohol and drug use, school misconduct; academic difficulties, home environment, sexual activity and violence, in a northern Mid-west school district, in the...
- Sex differences in suicide notes. Lester, David; Linn, Margaret // Psychological Reports;Jun97 Part 2, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p1302
Presents information on the differences of motives in disrupted interpersonal relationship among suicidal men and women in Germany. Information on the ratings of both sexes.
- Youth at risk. // Advocate;10/14/97, Issue 744, p15
Presents a research conducted by pediatrician Gary Remafedi on suicidal tendencies among teenage gay, bisexual males, lesbian teens and heterosexual males and females in the University of Minnesota. Findings of the study; Difference in peer pressure susceptibility between gays and lesbians...
- Suicidal ideation among outpatients at general neurology clinics: prospective study. Carson, Alan J // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);05/13/2000, Vol. 320 Issue 7245, p1311
Presents information on a study which examined suicidal ideation in a consecutive series of patients who had been referred to general neurology outpatient clinics in Great Britain. Gender differences in suicidal ideation; Clinical characteristics of patients; Methodology of the study; Results...
- WOMEN'S HEALTH: BEYOND OB/GYNE. Allison, Melody M. // Indiana Libraries;2005, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p39
The article focuses on sex-based biomedical research findings that could assist librarians and information providers in rendering services and resources for evidence-based patient care in the U.S. There are several resources in gender-specific biology and medicine that are useful for librarians....
- Women-friendly health research and care. // Women's International Network News;Autumn94, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p20
Comments on the conduct of medical research that makes information on men representative of women's health issues. Emphasis on gender differences; Legislation for promotion of health equity; Establishment of women's medical practices for and by women.
- Exploring Gender Difference in Suicidal Behavior Among Adolescent Offenders: Findings and Implications. Miller, Darcy // Journal of Correctional Education;Sep1994, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p134
Little is known about the gender characteristics of the suicidal behavior of adolescent offenders. While we know that among the general adolescent population, females think about and attempt suicide more often than male adolescents, this phenomenon has not received much research attention with...
- The sex ratio in American Indian suicides. Lester, David // Psychological Reports;Oct97, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p506
Reports that the suicide rates in 1980 in the 12 regions of the Indian Health Service were strongly associated with the number of households in each region. Who provided data for the number of suicides committed by men in 1981-1983 in each of these regions; Listing of social indicators that may...
- Women Less Likely Than Men to Commit Suicide. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2001, Vol. 129 Issue 2671, p10
Supports an idea in the United States which considered women to be at a lesser risk for suicide than men. Ways women react to problems; Purpose of an attempted suicide; Tendency of men to set aside things during problem-solving.