Multiple evidence for the role of an Ovate-like gene in determining fruit shape in pepper
- Joined AT THE HIP. Shaddick, Claire // Garden;Mar2011, Vol. 136 Issue 3, p182
The article deals with the use of the grafting technique in vegetable plants. It provides a background of grafting as a plant propagation method. It outlines the benefits of growing grafted vegetable plants such as tomatoes, aubergines, cucumbers, sweet and chilli peppers, melons and squashes....
- Graft Union Formation in Tomato Plants: Peroxidase and Catalase Involvement. NIEVES FERNÁNDEZ-GARCÍA; MICAELA CARVAJAL; ENRIQUE OLMOS // Annals of Botany;1/1/2004, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p53
â€¢ Background and Aims The use of grafted plants in vegetable crop production is now being expanded greatly. However, few data are available on the formation of graft unions in vegetables. In this work, the structural development of the graft union formation in tomato plants is studied,...
- Optimize Production. Kleinhenz, Matt // American Vegetable Grower;Dec2008, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on grafting as a tool in open-field and high tunnel vegetable production. Grafting is said to possibly improve high tunnel tomato production and revolutionize open-field production of tomato, eggplant, pepper and other crops. A project by the Ohio State University in...
- Tomato rootstock effects on gene expression patterns in eggplant scions. Zhang, Z.; Wang, Y.; Long, L.; Lin, Y.; Pang, J.; Liu, B. // Russian Journal of Plant Physiology;Jan2008, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p93
The grafting technique has been used in agriculture since ancient time to improve horticultural crops. Nonetheless, the mechanism by which the rootstocks impact the traits of scions remains elusive. Here, using carefully produced â€œtomato + eggplantâ€ grafts, we studied a possible...
- Rearch matters... grafting improves tomatoes. Cockshull, Ken // Horticulture Week;8/6/2010, p28
The article discusses the significance of grafting which improves the quality of tomato fruits.
- Graft is Good. Ulrich, Carolyn // Chicagoland Gardening;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p43
The article reports on plant breeder's experimentation with grafting and offers information on 2013 Burpee Home Gardens' Grafted Tomato collection of six heirloom varieties including Mortgage Lifter, San Marzano, and Brandywine Red.
- Improvements to tomato grafting. Cockshull, Ken // Horticulture Week;10/7/2011, p23
In this article, the author discusses the improvements brought to the grafting of the plant varieties of tomatoes onto other cultivars.
- More grafted vegetables soon. // Garden;Oct2009, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p642
The article focuses on the availability of grafted vegetables in 2010. After the popularity of grafted tomato plants, Devon, England-based Sutton will offer additional cultivars including sweet pepper, cucumbers, and aubergine. Grafting the shoots of compatible varieties aims to strengthen the...
- Effects of Different Rootstocks and Cultivars on Yield and Some Yield Components of Grafted Tomato. Turkmen, Onder; Seymen, Musa; Dursun, Atilla // Bulletin of the University of Agricultural Sciences & Veterinary;2010, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p284
This study was carried out to determine the effect of different rootstocks and cultivars on yield and certain yield characteristics of grafted tomato at the research greenhouse of horticultural department of Agriculture Faculty, SelÃ§uk University, in 2007 and 2008. GÃ¶kÃ§e (191) F1, Beril...