Microtrenching: Speeds 4G Fiber Installation
- The Waiting Game. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Oct2013, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including political issues related to the Keystone XL Pipeline project, underground construction technologies and the underground rehabilitation market.
- 'Cowboy Contractors' Still A Threat To HDD. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Sep2005, Vol. 60 Issue 9, p42
Discusses the long-term damage caused by small contracting companies with little or no experience in directional drilling of installing underground duct for fiber optic cable in the United States. Factor in the unsuccessful efforts of a bureaucrat at the California Department of Transportation...
- EDITOR'S LOG. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Apr2011, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p2
The article reports on the author's thoughts about the 25% budget cut on municipal sewer and water projects in 2011 in Washington. The author asserts that the government proposes a reduction in the Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Fund and the Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Clean...
- Volvo Construction Equipment. // Underground Construction;Mar2003, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p73
Reports on the decision of Volvo Construction Equipment Corp. to phase out the articulated hauler production in Asheville, North Carolina. Expansion of the production capacities; Volvo telehandler production for the North American market; Production of six models of the company's extensive...
- Product Showcase. // Underground Construction;Mar2002, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p32
Introduces several accessories and equipment for the underground construction industry in the U.S. Kundel TuffGuy Box; Centerline's digital interface panel; AlturnaMats; Tango 350 mud recycling and mixing system.
- Modern Tools Of Underground Damage Prevention. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p26
Provides information on several pieces of underground construction equipment used in locating existing utilities. Ground-penetrating radar; I-Cam System from the Inrock company; Features of the equipment.
- New products. // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p63
Presents equipment for the underground construction industry. Pipe Plug for all types of pipes; EchoBounder hand-held depth measuring instrument; Centerline's Computer Aided As Builts (CAAB); Indeco's MES 700 HD machine engineered with a variable speed system.
- Equipment spotlight. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p16
Features several equipment for underground construction. Includes repair system for corrosion coatings, linings and manholes; Chemical grouts and epoxy resins; Manhole rehabilitation product; Manhole riser.
- new rehab products. // Underground Construction;Feb2004, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p58
Presents updates on rehabilitation products in the underground construction business in the United States compiled for February 2004. Sewer line repair from vaXcavator; Pipebursting system from HammerHead; Applied Felts.