Tight Urban Directional Drilling: Special Equipment In Restricted Space Aids Project
- HDD RIGS. // Underground Construction;Sep2008, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p44
The article evaluates several horizontal directional drills from Vermeer Corp., Gallagher Engineering, and Laney Directional Drilling Co.
- Laney Finds New Tech Solution For Challenging Crossing. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p44
The article offers a review of the Direct Pipe system, directional drilling machine, from Herrenknecht AG, and mentions that the system was used by the contractor Laney Directional Drilling Co. to make an underground wetlands crossing on a segment of a pipeline project in the Northeast U.S.
- New Products. // Underground Construction;Mar2007, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p58
The article features several underground construction products and equipment including Pipeline Inspection Co.'s SPY Model 785 pulse unit detector, American Augers' DD 210 directional drill product, ITT Flygt's stainless steel submersible dewatering and solids-handling pumps and Krylon Products'...
- DOWNHOLE DIRECTIONAL DRILLING TOOLS. // Underground Construction;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p56
The article offers a review of several directional drilling equipment including the ROUGHNECK R400 Pneumatic Rock Hammer system from the company HammerHead, the RockReamer, rock cutter, from Horizontal Technology Inc. and the Armor Drilling System from Vermeer Corp.
- WHAT HOD MANUFACTURERS SUGGEST. // Underground Construction;Mar2007, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p40
The article focuses on how users of horizontal directional drilling equipment can improve their productivity. Maintenance of electronic locating equipment is important for reliability and accuracy. Preventive maintenance is also a must to avoid breakdowns on the job site. The machine in good...
- Directional Drilling: HDD Rigs. // Underground Construction;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p54
The article offers brief information on several equipment and supplies for directional drilling including the Directional Drill 1100 Rapid Setup (DD-1100RS) with optional rod-loader from American Augers Inc., the Grundodrill 4X from TT Technologies Inc., and JT5 compact horizontal directional...
- Directional Drilling: Tracking Systems. // Underground Construction;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p56
The article offers brief information on several tracking systems for directional drilling including the itrack system from Radiodetection Corp./SPX Corp., and the 8500 and 8500T tracker from Ditch Witch Trenching Co., and the Gold Series from Underground Tools Inc. (UTI).
- CELEBRATING HDD OPERATORS. // Underground Construction;Oct2013, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p34
The article offers information on the Navigator Nation campaign started by the underground construction firm Vermeer Corp. to honor the work and achievements of horizontal directional drills (HDD) operators. It informs that the campaign started in January 2013 and featured online advertising...
- MUD MIXING SYSTEMS. // Underground Construction;Mar2014, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p59
The article offers a review of several mud mixing products including the MCD-1000, mud mixing system from American Augers Inc., the Tango 600XPT, drilling fluid and solids control system, from Kemptron Technologies, and the R9xl 2T drilling fluid reclaimer from Vermeer Corp.