- Akkerman Celebrates 40 Years Strong. Read, Tracl // Underground Construction;Oct2013, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p20
The article offers information on the underground construction related firm Akkerman Inc. which has completed 40 years in business. It informs that the firm is the leading firm in underground construction because of its quality pipe jacking and microtunneling equipment. It mentions that the firm...
- Record-Breaking Tunneling in China. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Aug2011, p12
The article offers brief information on the two Main Beam Machines from Robbins TBM Equipment Co. that were used at the West Qinling Mountains rail tunneling project in China such as the Left Line machine and the Right Line machine.
- The Waiting Game. Carpenter, Robert // Underground Construction;Oct2013, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various articles within the issue on topics including political issues related to the Keystone XL Pipeline project, underground construction technologies and the underground rehabilitation market.
- SEEING THE LIGHT. // TBM: Tunnel Business Magazine;Oct2013, p32
The article discusses the project considerations when designing a safe and reliable lighting system for a tunnel construction. It suggests to ascertain the power resources, the voltage and amperage requirements, and the length and diameter of the tunnel. It further suggests to consider the...
- The Heintzmann Group. // Mining Engineering;Mar2013, Vol. 65 Issue 3, Special section p47
The article profiles the Heintzmann Group which manufactures support systems for the mining, tunneling, and civil construction industries. The article notes the company has been in business for about 165 years and has offices in several states including Virginia, Alabama, and Colorado. It also...
- NEW PRODUCTS. // Mining Engineering;Mar2007, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p24
This article covers information on several products for the tunneling and underground construction industry, including the Agimax concrete agitator and transporter from Moxon Industries, the Detector Duo from IDS and the Hole-Hog underground piercing tools from Allied Construction Products.
- Midwest Mole tunnels into large local projects. Whitson, Jennifer // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p9
The article features Midwest Mole Inc., an Indianapolis, Indiana-based company that provides trenchless digging or tunneling for new construction and rehabilitation of underground utilities. A brief history of the company is provided. Several projects handled by the company include a terminal at...
- New products. // Underground Construction;Jul98, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p63
Presents equipment for the underground construction industry. Pipe Plug for all types of pipes; EchoBounder hand-held depth measuring instrument; Centerline's Computer Aided As Builts (CAAB); Indeco's MES 700 HD machine engineered with a variable speed system.
- Equipment spotlight. // Underground Construction;Oct98, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p16
Features several equipment for underground construction. Includes repair system for corrosion coatings, linings and manholes; Chemical grouts and epoxy resins; Manhole rehabilitation product; Manhole riser.