Sharp Budget Knife at Throat of SRFs
- Shuster tries to carve out space for spending. Laing, Keith // Hill;2/11/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p15
The article reports on the plan of U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Chairman Bill Shuster to convince his conservative colleagues to exempt transportation from spending cuts.
- Radical changes needed to cut road transport industry CO[sub 2] emissions. // Commercial Motor;2/25/2010, Vol. 212 Issue 5370, p10
The article informs that according to a research from professor Alan McKinnon, the government of Great Britain needs to introduce a series of changes to decarbonise the road freight sector and cut greenhouse emissions by the 80%.
- Greenhouse Gas Inventories: Why and How. Wortman, Dave // Planning;Apr2010, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses the importance of conducting greenhouse gas inventories.
- ORGANIC WASTE COMPOSTING PROJECT PROTOCOL ADOPTED. // BioCycle;Jul2010, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p8
The article reports on the move of the Climate Action Reserve (CAR), an offset registry for the North American carbon market, to adopt a new standard that encourages reduction of greenhouse gases (GHG) from a certain methane source in the U.S.
- Congressman calls for hearing on California truck emissions rules. Whistler, Deborah // Fleet Owner Blog;4/4/2012, p3
The article reports that U.S. Representative Peter DeFazio requested the Subcommittee on Highways and Transit to conduct a hearing to examine two California Air Resources Board (CARB) truck emissions rule, the On-Road Heavy Vehicles (In-Use) regulation and the Heavy-Duty Vehicle Greenhouse Gas...
- NEW U.S. FUEL ECONOMY AND EMISSIONS STANDARDS SET. // Quality;May2010, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p9
The article offers information on a joint final rule to be signed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Transportation Department that establishes greenhouse gas emission standards and corporate average fuel economy standards intended for light-duty automobiles for model...
- City of Sydney looking for water. // Splash!;Aug/Sep2011, p13
The article reports on the 2030 Sustainable Sydney program in New South Wales in 2011 which aimed to reduce the use of drinking water to other purposes and lessen greenhouse gas emissions by 70%.
- Greener Cars Come From Clean Air Law. // Econews;Aug/Sep2010, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p18
The article reports on the national limits for greenhouse gas pollution on model year 2012 cars and light trucks in the U.S. under the Clean Air Act, which took effect in July 2010.
- Climate crisis, socialist solutions. White, David // Green Left Weekly;2/4/2009, Issue 781, p7
The article focuses on the need of a regulation and non-market supplements driven by working people, community, and environmentalists to turn the market focus into sustainable direction as part of economic planning to combat climate change and greenhouse gas emissions.