- Fiberglass whales deter seals' meals. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 245, p10
Informs about Marty Mackay, builder of the Whalley, which is a replica of a killer whale, in fiberglass which acts like a scarecrow for seals that eat the salmon fish hooked to the fishing nets. Idea to build the Whalley given by Charles Marshall, director of a large local salmon farm; Related...
- Art Project Showcases Community Leaders. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;7/29/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 30, p43
Describes the art project Faces that will feature the portraits of San Diego, California community leaders in public places. Leaders chosen to be part of the project.
- A sculpture for our village. Gyles, Tim // Adults Learning;Jun2000, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p24
Details the establishment of a community-based sculpture project at South Leverton community in Nottinghamshire, England. Purpose of the project; Importance of organizing and promoting art activities at community levels; Enhancement of everyday lives of the community; How to develop skills and...
- 'Chairs of Wilmington'. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;6/16/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 141, p3
The article offers information on the Chairs of Wilmington art project in Adirondack Mountains, New York.
- COMMUNITY KILN. Weightman, Allison // Ceramic Review;Mar/Apr2012, Issue 254, p17
The article offers information on a kiln-building project in Scotland dealing with topics including its organization by An Talla Solais (ATS/Ullapool Visual Arts), ATS' plans to build a facility with electric and gas kilns and the involvement of the potter Allison Weightman.
- ABOUT TOWN. Hayes, Chris // Outlook Weekly;8/28/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p3
A calendar of events related to community arts in Ohio is presented including Downtown Live Summer Concert, Obama Pride Columbus Convention Watch Party and 2008 Labor Day Pow Wow Celebrating American Heritage.
- LOOKING AHEAD TO LAKESIDE REFLECTIONS. // Incite / Insight;Jun2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p3
The article offers information on the meeting of the Albany Park Theater Project staff to be held on July 27, 2011.
- The creative life. Swartz, Mimi // New Yorker;11/03/97, Vol. 73 Issue 33, p47
Talks about `Suits: The Clothes Make the Man', an art project spearheaded by artists Jack Massing and Michael Galbreth in New York City, New York. Presentation of the Art Guys; Project funding concerns and setbacks; Dialogue between art and commerce.
- Sabathani's history the focus of community art exhibit. // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;2/23/2012, Vol. 78 Issue 30, p7
The article offers a preview of a storytelling art exhibit in Minnesota about the history of Sabathani hosted by the Sabathani Community Center.