Uncertainty likely to be at crux of State of State
- Wisdom of youth. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p10
Contends that the high point of Ohio governor's State of the State address was delivered better by third-grader from Chambers Elementary School in Cleveland who shared her class motto.
- Untitled. // Education Week;2/10/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 21, p16
Captions for several photographs are presented, including one of a speech by Michigan governor Jennifer M. Granholm, one of Oklahoma governor Brad Henry and one of Maryland governor Martin O'Malley.
- South Dakota Governor Offers School-Reform Plan. Winston, Pamela // Education Week;1/30/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p8
The article highlights the speech of Governor William J. Janklow about the subject of education which call for a limited voucher program for public school students and a three-tiered teacher certification plan in South Dakota. His speech discussed the issues on higher-education and postsecondary...
- Honeymoon Period. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/10/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p32
Discusses the views of several luncheon attendees on the speech given by Governor Jennifer Granholm of Michigan during the 2003 Grand Rapids Area Chamber of Commerce (GRACC) meeting. Dave Van Andel, chairman of the Van Andel Institute; Milt Rohwer, former GRACC executive director; Peter Wege, a...
- Vietnam And The Draft. Hearnes, Warren E. // Vital Speeches of the Day;3/15/70, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p336
Presents the text of a speech given by Missouri Governor Warren E. Hearnes on February 19, 1970, which deals with the military draft system in Vietnam.
- The Proper Training for Government. Cross, Wilber L. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/5/34, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p76
Presents the text of a speech given by Connecticut Governor Wilber Cross on October 11, 1934, which deals with the proper training for government.
- Iran and the Middle East. Fatemi, Nasrollah Saifpour // Vital Speeches of the Day;2/15/53, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p274
Presents the text of a speech on the political situation in Iran, the Middle East and the issue of Russian dominion by Nasrollah Saifpour Fatemi, former Mayor of Shiraz, Governor of Fars and Member of Parliament in Iran on October 20, 1952 in Detroit, Michigan.
- The Imperative of Newspaper Credibility. Atiyeh, Vic // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/86, Vol. 52 Issue 23, p714
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Vic Atiyeh, governor of Oregon, to the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association, Welches, Oregon, on July 25, 1986 which dealt with the imperative of newspaper credibility.
- The Caribbean Basin Initiative. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/87, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p68
Presents the text of a speech given by U.S. Virgin Islands Governor Alexander A. Farrelly before the New York Rotary Club in New York, New York, on October 1, 1987, which deals with the renewed optimism for the Caribbean Basin Initiative.