WITH CROSS GENERATIONAL APPEAL: ETHNIC SOUPS
- Food capsule: how soup sales are stirring. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p5
Presents information on the types of soups offered by non-commercial cafeterias in 1994 and 1997. Canned/condensed; Dry base; Canned/ready-serve; Frozen ready-serve; Frozen-condensed.
- Soup's hot. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p91
Focuses on the kinds of soups offered by non-commercial food service operators in the United States. Percentage of polled operators who use prepared soups and who make soups from scratch on a regular basis; Data on sales of soups at business and industry cafeterias; Menu board offered at...
- Put chili on the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p92
Focuses on the soups and stews offered by business and industry food service operators in the United States. Soups offered at Chubb & Son headquarters in Warren, New Jersey; Cooking styles of food operators; Vegetable stews offered at Putnam Investments corporate headquarters in Boston,...
- Recipe corner. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p102
Presents recipes of soups and stews served by food operators in the United States. Includes West Coast Chili; Chicken Soup Brunoise With Eggdrops; Lentil Stew; Greek Strew.
- The ultimate comfort food. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p82
Reports on the popularity of soups to non-commercial venues in the United States. Important elements of soup; Cost of soups served at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York; Major soup parameters that are met at Sacred Heart University.
- Aromatic elixirs. // Prepared Foods;May99, Vol. 168 Issue 5, p75
Focuses on the variety of soup flavors available in food service outlets across the United States. Considerations for flavor development at the New England Soup Factory; Concept behind soups served at Antero Grill in Salida, Colorado; Soup preparation at Tribute in Detroit, Michigan; Consumer...
- SUEZ.'S FINDS. ZELICKSON, SUE // Minnesota Monthly;Mar2013, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p70
The author suggests some food products including soups and fruits from local suppliers and manufacturers in Minnesota.
- In the soup: Popularity bubbles over as winter approaches. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/04/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 49, p33
Reports on the importance of soups as a component of foodservice programs. Popularity of the food during cold weather months; Expectations of the customers; Examples of interesting soups.
- SAVORING SOUP. Forman, Jay // New Orleans Magazine;Nov2007, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
The article features several restaurants in New Orleans, Louisiana and their soup offerings. Kim Son on the Westbank served American-Chinese classic Hot and Sour Soup and Chicken Egg Drop Soup. The Horinoya's Kitsune Udon consists of pale noodles topped with two squares of fried tofu. Kenner...